Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

Default VST Synths

I've been trying these out for a while. It's time
consuming, but the possibilities are quite attractive.
For some reason, every synth I try, is either monophonic
or not velocity sensitive. What are the creators thinking?
One little multiply operation, and you have velocity
sensitivity (Ok, a little more than that, but...).

My question is, does anyone know of any interesting
VST synths that are polyphonic and velocity sensitive?
I actually found one called PM4 that is a pared down
version of a Yamaha FM synth. That's pretty cool, but
I owned a DX27 and even had a computer based editor for
it. I flogged that thing to death, finding out what it
could do. I'm a little over FM. Never tried subtractive,
but that sounds interesting. What else is out there?

I should have mentioned that I am talking about free products.
I saw Reactor, but the price tag is intimidating. They have
that Komplete 8 thing though for $599. I almost pulled the
trigger on that tonight, but thought I'd look around at more
affordable (free?) options. I would throw $20 at a decent
example in a heartbeat.

Thanks!

Tobiah
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil W[_3_] Phil W[_3_] is offline

"Tobiah" :

I've been trying these out for a while.

Which ones? There thousands of VST synths and there are BIG differences
between those!

It's time
consuming, but the possibilities are quite attractive.
For some reason, every synth I try, is either monophonic
or not velocity sensitive.

So, you have a good hand for making the wrong choices.
There are enough, that support all of those functions.

IF you choose to go the free plug-ins route, you need time.

go to http://www.kvraudio.com

I should have mentioned that I am talking about free products.
I saw Reactor, but the price tag is intimidating. They have
that Komplete 8 thing though for $599.

NI´s Komplete is a big package with a lot of stuff in there.
But you don´t need to buy the whole package (including Guitar Rig),
everything is available separately.

thought I'd look around at more
affordable (free?) options.

Try Native Instrument´s free versions:

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...ktor-5-player/

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...r/mikro-prism/

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...takt-5-player/

I would throw $20 at a decent example in a heartbeat.

AFAIK the good sounding stuff costs more than that.
There are nice VST synths for free, but once you´ve heard a direct
comparison to a decent commercial synth, you´ll know why the price
difference is there.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ethanw@ethanwiner.com is offline

I use DreamStation that comes bundled for free with Cakewalk's SONAR Producer. It's very much like a MiniMoog, but without the hiss and distortion and pitch drift. It's also velocity sensitive and polyphonic. You can see a demo he

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMF8F9z7Zr8

--Ethan
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jonathan[_5_] Jonathan[_5_] is offline

On Apr 2, 12:22*pm, wrote:
I use DreamStation that comes bundled for free with Cakewalk's SONAR Producer. It's very much like a MiniMoog, but without the hiss and distortion and pitch drift. It's also velocity sensitive and polyphonic. You can see a demo he

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMF8F9z7Zr8

--Ethan

What do you think about the version of Dimension Pro that ships with
Sonar?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ethanw@ethanwiner.com is offline

What I've seen of DP so far is very cool, and it has a LOT of stuff. So much that I haven't use it enough to comment knowledgeably.

--Ethan

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

NI´s Komplete is a big package with a lot of stuff in there.
But you don´t need to buy the whole package (including Guitar Rig),
everything is available separately.

Yeah, but Reactor is $399, while Komplete 8 is $599. There
is no way I'd buy separately. I can afford Komplete. I'm
sure that when my credit card and a bottle get into the same
room as the computer, I'll order it. It looks quite tempting.

Thanks for the links, I'll check them out.

virtual synths Phillip Pro Audio 2 May 29th 06 10:43 PM
FS: Synths!!! Devo 2 Pro Audio 0 September 14th 04 02:56 AM
****SYNTHS 4-SALE**** MMM Inc. Pro Audio 0 March 26th 04 04:33 PM
Synths and Their Drivers Radium Pro Audio 0 October 1st 03 12:27 AM
Synths and Their Drivers Radium Tech 0 October 1st 03 12:27 AM