BartSmallwood

Default Kenwood KDC-419 security code

I have a Kenwood KDC-419 it is asking for a security code that I do not
have.
Does anyone know how to reset this unit?

Thankyou.
geolemon

BartSmallwood Wrote:
I have a Kenwood KDC-419 it is asking for a security code that I do not
have.
Does anyone know how to reset this unit?

Thankyou.

It's in the box, supplied with the unit.

That's why it is a security code... if you aren't a legitmate owner,
you won't have the code - the unit is useless. That IS the security.
Why steal something that's worthless?

If you are the original owner, you have the security code.

If you bought the unit second-hand, the original owner will have to
supply you with the security code- he DOES have it, because he'd need
it any time that power was removed from the unit, his battery went
dead, etc.
If he can't supply you the code, get your money back from him, because
the unit is 100% useless without it. There's no "universal" code or
anything, believe me... if such a code existed, it could be leaked to
the public, which would completely render that security feature
useless, which would make Kenwood look like public fools. No one would
buy that security.

--
geolemon

geolemon's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=10343
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=225481

BartSmallwood

I do thank you for the reply. I have a difficult time typing therefore
did not think it was pertinent information to give the history of this
unit but......

You are quite correct; it is not really worth stealing. My son's friend
had bought a jeep from a dealer. In the jeep was this stereo. When the
jeep was test driven, the stereo had no face plate. So I think the
dealer got the face plate from a junk yard. And put it in before my
son's friend's dad picked it up for him. When he (my son's friend) tried
the stereo, it didn't work. In his frustration he ripped it out and
bought a new stereo for his new truck.

Anyway I got the thing, there were a couple wires melted on it so I
soldered some new ones into it in hopes to use it in my boat. Now that
it is up and working but it is asking for a security code. But obviously
I don't have one, which is why I am asking you gentlemen if you have any
ideas.

By the way, if you don't like getting ripped off, don't buy hot ****.
Keep the *******s out of your neighborhood.

Bart

Vivek

I'm afraid my friend but still the reply of "geolemon" remains. Your visit
to the Kenwood repair shop with proper papers of the Jeep having Kenwood in
the accessories list would be a good and last bet.

--
The best is yet to come

"BartSmallwood" wrote in message
[...]

DJ Kontakt

theres some very complicated sequence of buttons to press to reset it

--
DJ Kontakt

Installer, car audio/suspension
DJ Kontakt's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=24140
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=225481

BartSmallwood

DJ Kontakt wrote in
news:1126548093.3e775a6595d741d93c403f2be853a6b6@t eranews:

theres some very complicated sequence of buttons to press to reset it

Thanks, do you have the sequence?
If not, it is off to the shop like Vivek suggests.
Barry & Nikki

I am able to decode Kenwood car stereos so if anyone wants it done I charge
for it of course. The stereo needs to leave your hands as well and be in
mine for at least a day to decode and then its back on its way to you the
next day after I receive/decode it. Feel free to contact me if anyone needs
this done.

"BartSmallwood" wrote in message
I have a Kenwood KDC-419 it is asking for a security code that I do not
have.
Does anyone know how to reset this unit?

Thankyou.

No-one

The bootup (power on code) security code is stored in a small 8 legged chip
called an eeprom (can’t recall the model # of the chip) that is located on the
tuner board in the KDC-419 which is covered by a metal shield that needs to
be disordered to access the tuner board.
Now for the fix. You can simply erase chip with an eeprom programmer, if you
don’t have a programmer, you can replace the eeprom chip with a blank one.
This will let the radio boot in “all off mode” letting you program a new code
into the erased or blank eeprom. Since I did not have an SMT eeprom programmer
handy at the time or a direct replacement eeprom, I have used a 24LC16B/SN
eeprom. Please note that the eeprom in this radio is very small, and should be
removed using a torch and not big ass soldering gun. In no way should you try
this repair without good soldering skills and the right tools. All it takes is
a short between the eeprom legs or placing the eeprom on the board backwards
and your radio is toast, also do not force the eeprom off the tuner board, as
you can break the traces going to the eeprom and that would not be a good
thing. If you don’t feel that you have the skills to do this repair, don’t do
it, and find someone that can.
Lastly you can also get your radio working simply by cutting or lifting the
VCC leg (leg #8) of the eeprom disabling the chip. Leg #8 is directly across
from leg #1. Leg #1 is the leg with a dot.
Now with this said, with the eeprom disabled the radio can no longer store
information on the chip, such as radio station presets, and any other stored
settings. This is why I do not recommend this quick fix.

In article , BartSmallwood
wrote:
I have a Kenwood KDC-419 it is asking for a security code that I do not
have.
Does anyone know how to reset this unit?

Thankyou.

Barry & Nikki

Sure is if you you think everyone is dishonest like you obviously do.
Only a criminal himself would think everyone is out to screw everyone else.
All I am doing is offering my service without ruining the stereo like the
direction you are pointing everyone to take (which is totally BOGUS!!). If
someone trusts me cool; if not their loss not mine. It's no skin off my
back. I already have over 200 car stereos so what the hell would I want with
more. Right now I am trying to liquidate ALL that I have not add to what I
have. In a way I don't blame you/anyone for being weary of the internet but
to be an ass like yourself about it is ridiculous to say the least.

"No-one" wrote in message
That's one way of getting free stereos.

In article , "Barry & Nikki"
wrote:
Or just send it to me and it can be decoded without ANY problems or ill
effects to the stereo what so ever.

No-one

Okay ****brick what is "totally bogus" about the direction that I am pointing
everyone to take? What is totally bogus is you telling people that you will
decode their radio, Kenwood hasn't used backdoors such as KCAR in years with
that said. To truly decode the radio one would have to dump the eeprom to
decode it, and the only advantage to that is that you can retrieve the code
that someone has programmed into the unit. If you're at that point you might
as well just erase the eeprom or replace it with a blank one and have the tsop
reprogram the eeprom on the first boot up restoring it to factory default
giving the owner of the radio the option to reprogram a new code or to use the
radio with no code at all.

In article , "Barry & Nikki"
wrote:
Sure is if you you think everyone is dishonest like you obviously do.
Only a criminal himself would think everyone is out to screw everyone else.

I sure as hell ain't asking anyone to send me anything, unlike yourself.

All I am doing is offering my service without ruining the stereo like the
direction you are pointing everyone to take (which is totally BOGUS!!). If
someone trusts me cool; if not their loss not mine. It's no skin off my
back. I already have over 200 car stereos so what the hell would I want with
more. Right now I am trying to liquidate ALL that I have not add to what I
have. In a way I don't blame you/anyone for being weary of the internet but
to be an ass like yourself about it is ridiculous to say the least.

For all I know over 200 car stereos isn't enought and you are aiming for a
little over 300 car stereos, who the hell cares. I can see why you would
think that I'm an ass since I just ****ed all over your scam. Better luck
elsewhere ****brick.

Bruce Chang

"No-one" wrote in message
news

[...]

Actually, Kenwood used that backdoor for this particular radio as well as
many others. All the KDC-X19's are unlockable, as well as some of the
KDC-MPXXX radios. You don't have to replace the EEPROM to do it. I'm sure
he has the same procedure that I have to unlock the radio and allow the user
to reprogram the security code if they choose to. In short, you are
misinformed.

-Bruce

BartSmallwood

Guys please, just take it easy. This isn't so important that we need to be
disrespecting each other here.

I appreciate all the advice, after all I need it. I got this thing for
free. I would love to have it working on the cheap. I have a very sharp
soldering iron and a steady hand; you wouldn't believe what I can solder.

Thank you.
Brad

Barry & Nikki

Thank you Bruce for setting the record straight with this totally
misinformed individual that obviously has an excellent grasp of the inner
workings of car audio; yet no common sense.

"Bruce Chang" wrote in message
. ..

"No-one" wrote in message
news

[...]

Barry & Nikki

Obviously "turdmortar" you must be living in the year 2020 where Kenwood has
upgraded their technology to above human competence of which you only grasp
and have the knowledge to decode. Come back to Earth and educate yourself
prior to having diarrhea of the mouth and flinging **** that you obvious
have no clue about.

news

wrote:
[...]

No-one

You're just upset because I have ****ed all over your little scam. Buy your
own radios, you silly ****brick.Charing people for KCAR bull**** that does not
work on all decks anyways. You sound like one of those car stereo store leechs
that charges people for adjusting their amplifier gains. I guess when the year
2020 rolls around you'll be somewhat **** out of luck. Maybe Kenwood will
install a clip-on jtag port just for you.