Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Bozo the speakerbuilder Bozo the speakerbuilder is offline

Default Looking for a small stereo/surround receiver ideally with DLNA

Hallo All,

having moves to an apartment I have been forced to reevaluate the
sterao/surround setup we have.
Currently we use a very bix Onxyo DS-939 THX surround receiver with a
big onkyo cd player, PS3 and a sat reveiver. The 5.1 setup is hardly
used, most of the time we are listening just in stereo.
So I have been contemplating to downscale our setup to 2.0 or 2.1. We
have a lot of media files on a DLNA server hard disk and would like to
use them through the receiver or continue using them through the PS3.

As speakers we have a choice of Spendor BC-1 BBC monitors (87dB eff),
Dynaudio Axis-5 (5-way massive speakers (86dB) or smaller homemade
speakers (82-95 dB). Power output of 25W should be fine for most
speakers and in worst case if there is a pre-out I can use a power
amp.

I have seen the TEAC recievers here locally in Lebanon, but not much
else.

Who can recommend me a reasonable sounding small package?

Regards,

Hjalmar