Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Spica Spica is offline

Default Looking For Hard To Find Filter Caps

I'm looking for replacement caps for a 20 year old Cary amp. The filter caps fit
through access holes in the amp and are 1100uf 450v with a diameter slightly less
than 2". Cap height is not an issue.

Although I found a replacement (CBE) at Mouser.com that fits the bill, it's a non-stock
item requiring a minimal purchase of 16 units.

So my question is, can I use a different value cap without blowing up the rectifier?
As usual, thanks for any recs or suggestions.

Replacement Filter Caps Spica Vacuum Tubes 6 March 25th 10 06:27 AM
Best filter caps for amplifier Wink Tech 12 February 14th 08 01:12 AM
Filter caps Carey Carlan Pro Audio 81 January 15th 08 06:58 AM
Source for filter caps [email protected] Tech 4 September 18th 06 06:03 AM
filter caps for Mcintosh MC-240 ? John Eyles Vacuum Tubes 3 October 17th 03 01:36 PM