Posted to rec.audio.pro
Glenn Dowdy[_2_] Glenn Dowdy[_2_] is offline

Default RNC/RNP Size

These are described as 1/3 rack units. Can one actually fit three units side
by side in a standard 1U rack tray?

Glenn D.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Glenn Dowdy wrote:
These are described as 1/3 rack units. Can one actually fit three units side
by side in a standard 1U rack tray?

Yes, or you can buy a fancy rack tray to hold them, with a bezel on the
front.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Glenn Dowdy wrote:
These are described as 1/3 rack units. Can one actually fit three units
side
by side in a standard 1U rack tray?

Yes, or you can buy a fancy rack tray to hold them, with a bezel on the
front.

Thanks. I've seen the fancy units, and I'm offered one with the RNP I'm
buying, but if I get a second RNC I think that the simple tray will suit me
better.

Glenn D.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ron Capik Ron Capik is offline

Glenn Dowdy wrote:

These are described as 1/3 rack units. Can one actually fit three units side
by side in a standard 1U rack tray?

Glenn D.

Yes; been there, done that, sadly no tee shirt
for said event. G

Later...

Ron Capik

Posted to rec.audio.pro
david gourley david gourley is offline

"Glenn Dowdy" put forth the notion
:

These are described as 1/3 rack units. Can one actually fit three units
side by side in a standard 1U rack tray?

Glenn D.

I do with mine (RNP, RNC, RNLA).

david

Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Grant David Grant is offline

"Glenn Dowdy" wrote in message
These are described as 1/3 rack units. Can one actually fit three units
side by side in a standard 1U rack tray?

Glenn D.

Yes but don't make the mistake I made. Buy a shelf that is not too deep (5
or 6" is good) so that it is easy to access the rear of the units

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Walter Harley Walter Harley is offline

"Glenn Dowdy" wrote in message
These are described as 1/3 rack units. Can one actually fit three units
side by side in a standard 1U rack tray?

Yes, but the three wall wart power adapters will occupy your entire power
strip, unless you take appropriate measures.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

David Grant wrote:

"Glenn Dowdy" wrote in message
These are described as 1/3 rack units. Can one actually fit three units
side by side in a standard 1U rack tray?

Glenn D.

Yes but don't make the mistake I made. Buy a shelf that is not too deep (5
or 6" is good) so that it is easy to access the rear of the units

Symetrix sells a shelf for use with their 300 series units that works
very well with the FMR stuff, and also with the Speck pieces.

--
ha
shut up and play your guitar