MDHJWH

Default Stellhead valves

Where is the best source for valves in Oz? Eventually I will need to
replace the 6922 (gain)
7044 (output buffers) in my Manley Steelhead phono-pre. I want to
avoid having them mailed from OS. if possible. Thanks for any advice
forthcoming.

Ayn Marx
Mark Harriss

MDHJWH wrote:

Where is the best source for valves in Oz? Eventually I will need to
replace the 6922 (gain)
7044 (output buffers) in my Manley Steelhead phono-pre. I want to
avoid having them mailed from OS. if possible. Thanks for any advice
forthcoming.

Ayn Marx

You could try Evatco: www.evatco.com.au or
Resurrection Radio: www.evatco.com.au

The 6922 is also known as a 6DJ8, the 7044 is compatible
with the 7119 and E182CC.

Regards
Mark
Patrick Turner

MDHJWH wrote:

Where is the best source for valves in Oz? Eventually I will need to
replace the 6922 (gain)

EVATCO in Melbourne.

7044 (output buffers) in my Manley Steelhead phono-pre. I want to
avoid having them mailed from OS. if possible. Thanks for any advice
forthcoming.

Ayn Marx

Patrick Turner.

MDHJWH

Mark Harriss wrote in message ...
MDHJWH wrote:

Where is the best source for valves in Oz? Eventually I will need to
replace the 6922 (gain)
7044 (output buffers) in my Manley Steelhead phono-pre. I want to
avoid having them mailed from OS. if possible. Thanks for any advice
forthcoming.

Ayn Marx

You could try Evatco: www.evatco.com.au or
Resurrection Radio: www.evatco.com.au

The 6922 is also known as a 6DJ8, the 7044 is compatible
with the 7119 and E182CC.

Regards
Mark

Thanks Mark. Wha though do you mean by 'compatible'? Think I'll
contact Ms Manley herself on this one as, with something like the
Stellhead, I suspect near enough wont be good enough.
Mark Harriss

MDHJWH wrote:

Thanks Mark. Wha though do you mean by 'compatible'? Think I'll
contact Ms Manley herself on this one as, with something like the
Stellhead, I suspect near enough wont be good enough.

Compatible in that it has identical pinouts but not
identical performance. The 7044 has different curves to the
7119. If it weren't a $7K phono stage I'd say give it a try

It's a bit of a orphan valve made for early computers
apparently with no identical substitute. I can't find it in my 1962
Miniwatt book or my 1972 substitution guide. I think you'll have
to trawl around a bit locally to find some old ex gov't stocks
squirrelled away.

Confounding Phil
Regards
Mark

P.S. Can you ask Eveanna if she has any autographed 8x10
glossies for sale.

MDHJWH

Mark Harriss wrote in message ...
P.S. Can you ask Eveanna if she has any autographed 8x10
glossies for sale.

Sure will---bet she charges for em though.
Phil Allison

"Mark Harriss"

Confounding Phil

** Deluded, audiophool ****wits like Mar Harriss confound their fantasies
with reality.

.............. Phil

Mark Harriss

MDHJWH wrote:

Mark Harriss wrote in message
P.S. Can you ask Eveanna if she has any autographed 8x10
glossies for sale.

Sure will---bet she charges for em though.

Of course, I'd expect nothing less from her.

MDHJWH

"Phil Allison" wrote in message . au...
"Mark Harriss"

Confounding Phil

** Deluded, audiophool ****wits like Mar Harriss confound their fantasies
with reality.

Thanks for that contribution Phil. Once again you have expanded our
technical knowledge, given an extra dimension to our theoretical
foundations and in general behaved in your usual polite and helpful
manner.

Kissy Kissy.
M & M A M A J
Brothel Keeper Witch from Hell.
MDHJWH

Mark Harriss wrote in message ...

It's a bit of a orphan valve made for early computers
apparently with no identical substitute. I can't find it in my 1962
Miniwatt book or my 1972 substitution guide. I think you'll have
to trawl around a bit locally to find some old ex gov't stocks
squirrelled away.

Help ! ! Does the above imply I'm sitting on a potential dinosaur?
(No rude remarks about my bottom end thanks PA)

Ayn Marx

Phil Allison

"MDHJWH"

Thanks for that contribution Phil. Once again you have expanded our
technical knowledge, given an extra dimension to our theoretical
foundations and in general behaved in your usual polite and helpful
manner.

Kissy Kissy.
M & M A M A J
Brothel Keeper Witch from Hell.

** There is a very nasty disease just waiting to teach you a cruel lesson
in reality.

............ Phil

Mark Harriss

MDHJWH wrote:

Help ! ! Does the above imply I'm sitting on a potential dinosaur?
(No rude remarks about my bottom end thanks PA)

Ayn Marx

No not at all! Computer valves I imagine just have different
properties (curves),if anything they would be among the last valves
designed and have lots of previous valve design techniques incorporated.

The main criteria for computer valves would have been long life and
stability as such a beast would have used thousands of valves so any
failures or drifting would be disasterous. The Manley techs would have
alternatives ready and waiting for such a current production item.

At a pinch there would likely be something with very close
properties but likely with a different package or pinouts requiring an
adapter to be made if there's enough room for it in the case (worst case,
heh heh). Chances are you'll never need that spare set anyway

Regards
Mark

P.S. it's SO easy to get a bite off some people isn't it?

Phil Allison

"Mark Harriss" -

The main criteria for computer valves would have been long life and
stability as such a beast would have used thousands of valves so any
failures or drifting would be disasterous.

** What a colossal ****wit the pimply faced turd aka Mark Harriss never
fails to prove he is.

Drifting ?? - in a binary system ??

Drifting, on a sea of forgotten teardrops...............

............. Phil

Mark Harriss

Phil Allison wrote:

Drifting ?? - in a binary system ??

Drifting, on a sea of forgotten teardrops...............

............ Phil

I'll cut you a break here phil and remind you about
ANALOGUE computer systems where mathematical functions
such as "differentiation" and "integration" were perfomed with
circuits known as "Operational amplifiers" usually back then
constructed with devices known as "valves". Trust such a
narrow minded appliance mechanic to think in such a mental
valley.

Surely a penis breathed felcher, failed engineering
student such as yourself would be familiar with such a concept
back in 1972.

Kindest regards
Mark
Phil Allison

"Mark Harriss"

** Replacing the context MH snipped.

The main criteria for computer valves would have been long life and
stability as such a beast would have used thousands of valves so any
failures or drifting would be disasterous.

Drifting ?? - in a binary system ??

I'll cut you a break here phil and remind you about
ANALOGUE computer systems where mathematical functions
such as "differentiation" and "integration" were perfomed with
circuits known as "Operational amplifiers" usually back then
constructed with devices known as "valves".

** However, your para above that you so carefully snipped ( to hide your
****wit blunder) refers to computers of the binary kind - ie those with
thousands of valves.

Trust such a narrow minded appliance mechanic to think in such a mental

valley.

** Trust a cock pulling, autistic, Pat Turner arse licking cretin to post a
pack of lies.

Surely a penis breathed felcher, failed engineering
student such as yourself would be familiar with such a concept
back in 1972.

** I failed nothing.

OTOH you have yet to succeed at anything.