Recording from Mackie mixer to Edirol R-09: "stuck record" result

Old January 25th 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Ed Wicks

Default Recording from Mackie mixer to Edirol R-09: "stuck record" result

With help from this group, I successfully recorded from a Mackie mixer
to an Edirol R-09 digital recorder. I transferred the resulting
80-minute .wav file from Edirol to iMac via USB. Opened file in Amadeus
Pro. First 40 minutes or so satisfactory; slightly low volume level
adjustable with Amadeus "Amplify" effect.

Remainder of recording repeats a two-second audio segment endlessly,
like needle stuck in groove of LP or 78rpm disc.

Recorder uses SD card. It is SanDisk 2.0 GB made in China.
I have reformatted the card, for whatever good that might do.

Will appreciate thoughts on why the recording got stuck and what to do
about it. Thanks.
Ed