AO

Default Subwoofer 2002 Outback LL Bean

I just bought an 2002 Outback LL Bean and would like to install a sub
in it. I have 4 12" subs from other cars laying around but they
almost look to big to be able to fit any place in the vehicle. Is it
possible to use these some place in the car without consuming the
space in the rear? Maybe in a side panel or in with the spare tire?
If the 12 is to big, what size have people used? Also, is there any
documentation out there on how to tear apart the dash to replace the
cd/tape deck? Thanks in advance for the help.
AO

Thanks a lot for the response.
Do you think there is any way of being able to leave the spare in and
using a 10" sub or something for example? It would be my luck I put
all this fun stuff in there to have my wife drive it and get a flat.
ha... Have you ever heard of anyone putting a sub in the side panels?
What size sub are you running currently in your free standing box? I
am an amature at this but if i put an 8-10" in there would that sound
OK do you think?
Do you know of any guides online on how to take out the factory deck
by chance?
Thanks again.

(Todd H.) wrote in message ...
(AO) writes:
I just bought an 2002 Outback LL Bean and would like to install a sub
in it. I have 4 12" subs from other cars laying around but they
almost look to big to be able to fit any place in the vehicle. Is it
possible to use these some place in the car without consuming the
space in the rear? Maybe in a side panel or in with the spare tire?
If the 12 is to big, what size have people used? Also, is there any
documentation out there on how to tear apart the dash to replace the
cd/tape deck? Thanks in advance for the help.

If you're content to drive around without a spare, You could get at
least one of those in that well--perhaps 2. You can measure the
volume using packing peanuts and port accordingly. A buddy did
something similar in an Integra long ago to good effect.

The side panels are way too small for a 12, best I can tell.

An alternative would be a free standing box. That's worked well for me
in the past and has the benefit of being removeable when you need all
your cargo room.

Best Regards,

Skweezieweezie

Check here for the installation of
the security system which requires
removal of the sound system:
http://www.subaru-parts.com/_instruc...tructions.html

Greg

I mounted my 10" sub in the right rear compartment after removing the not so
useful box. The whole box came out with no cutting then I fashioned a cloth
cover over the hole. I put my amps in the tray over the spare.

m...