Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jacob Kramer

Default Where are those Wascally Weapons of Mass Destwuction???

"mikemckelvy" wrote in message ...

Heard it on the news. I'll wait awhile before making a decision on how to
interpret this news. Presently it really makes no difference to me since
there were and are likely to be other WMD's to be found and more than enough
reason to kick Saddam's ass.

Again this is a non-sequiter. The issue is whether Bush deliberately
misrepresented the classified data. He has now admitted that what he
said was false, and that he shouldn't have said it. He has yet to
acknowledge that he knew it was false.

This story today suggests that the IAEA asked the administration to
provide evidence of its accusations regarding Niger in December, but
it wasn't until February, a week after the State of the Union Address,
that Bush complied. When the State Department handed over the
documents the department said that they had doubts about them, and the
IAEA quickly concluded that they were forgeries.

http://nytimes.com/2003/07/09/intern...al/09INTE.html

Also in Saturday's times the diplomat Joseph Wilson explains that in
February of last year he was asked by Cheney's office via the CIA to
travel to Niger and confirm these reports. He concluded they were
false and reported his findings in March.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/06/op...l?pagewanted=1

According to this AP story issued today, Cheney denies having sent
Wilson.

http://nytimes.com/aponline/national...h-Iraq.html?hp

Also I wanted to ask why you have not admitted that your statements
that the Intelligence Committees aren't asking these questions are no
longer true, if they were at the time you made them, and why you are
not taking the questions seriously now that they are being asked, as
you said you would. It seems to me you are changing your position and
contradicting yourself.