Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.audio.car
Guest Guest is offline

Default Holes in door(2005 Accord)

"Matt Ion" wrote in message
news:rVtBg.326396$Mn5.125265@pd7tw3no...
Guest wrote:
"Matt Ion" wrote in message
news:FysBg.323657$iF6.262164@pd7tw2no...

Guest wrote:

Hi, I was trying to install component speakers in the driver's side
door. A wire harness gets in the way of my running wires through the
door. Is there a way to do this right? I also noticed that there are
two perforated type holes in the upper part of the steel door.
Adjacement to those perforations are two corresponding black caps or
plugs that lead into the console. What are those for? Are they
something to used or are they something used in higher model Accords.

For components, I usually just put the crossover inside the door and use
the stock wiring. If you want to run fat wire for a high-power system,
it's a different matter, but in most cases the stock wiring will suffice.

I thought about that too, but I have a separate tweeter in the dash so
there will have to be a wire from there or to there no matter what.

Further to that... rec.audio.car would be a good place to post this
question.

Thanks. They are two-way and the problem is not where to put the CO's, it
is how or where to put the woofer and/or tweeter wire coming from out of the
door. I want that (those) wires to disappear as they have on the passenger
side.

Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

Guest wrote:

[...]

How the wires run and where you mount the crossover will depend entirely on how
you decide to mount the speakers. If the tweeters are going on the doors, put
the crossover in the door and use the factory speaker wire to feed signal from
the deck location to the door (if you're running an amp, run the amp output
wires to the deck area and tap into the stock wiring.

If the tweeters are going in the dash, kick panels, or anywhere else NOT on the
doors, then put the crossovers under the dash, run wires from the amp or deck
output to them, then run the woofer outputs back to the deck area and make use
of the factory wires going to the doors.

Either way, you don't have to worry about how to get wires into the doors, as
Honda has already put them there. Just USE them.
Posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.audio.car
Guest Guest is offline

"Matt Ion" wrote in message

Guest wrote:

[...]

Well I did use them. They are connected to the woofer. See, in a component
system, you have to a woofer out and an amp out to the crossover. Since I
don't have an amp in yet, I am running it off of the stock radio. Even when
I get an amp I was thinking that I may need to run it back out of the door.
I wanted pure rewiring. I guess when I get the amp in, I will have to route
it to the stock wire in the harness. I already wired and set everything up
for am amp so that I won't have to do much when the time comes. The only
thing stopping me from putting the amp in is the head unit. I know that
they have that one faceplate but people said that it did not glow...