SRS

Default Cheap ceiling treatment for the non-handy

My wife and I just moved into a new house. I have a space approx. 16x13
where I can put my "studio" (more a practice room). Two walls face non-
inhabited space (basement stairway, laundry room), one faces outside. I'm
not terribly worried about sound getting into the room, but the room is
directly beneath the master bedroom. I need to do _something_ to cut down
transmission from the ceiling.

The existing ceiling is only 7' high, skin-coated sheetrock and it appears
that there's little or no insulation.

New house is sucking up available $$ at an alarming rate, so can't spend
too much but can spend some and I am about the least "handy" person I know,
so I am loathe to tear anything out if I can help it.

What would you do?

Scott
(no, not that Scott)

..