Posted to rec.audio.car
PK

Default Sony MEX-R1 beep sound?

When I switch off the ignition key without having turned off my Sony
MEX-R1 first, the player makes a signal like an alarm 2-3 times. So I
wonder, is it something I have connected wrong, or is this beep sound
correct? I could use my old cd-player (Grundig) , even though the the
ignition key not was turned on, but I can't make this happen with this
new one. Is it not possible to connect the Sony this way?

PK

Posted to rec.audio.car
Mister.Lull

I have a Panasonic deck with a tilt-able faceplate, and when you turn
off the car the system makes some beeping noises before the faceplate
tilts into a straight position and turns off... Maybe the same type of
thing?

~Mister.Lull

Posted to rec.audio.car
nanook

On 24 Apr 2006 08:56:14 -0700, "PK" wrote:

When I switch off the ignition key without having turned off my Sony
MEX-R1 first, the player makes a signal like an alarm 2-3 times. So I
wonder, is it something I have connected wrong, or is this beep sound
correct? I could use my old cd-player (Grundig) , even though the the
ignition key not was turned on, but I can't make this happen with this
new one. Is it not possible to connect the Sony this way?

PK

Sony's do this to remind you to take off the face plate. I THINK the
only way to bypass this is to use all external amps, as the beep is
programmed to go through the internal amp and not the pre-amps.

as for getting it to play with the car off, you could try putting the
turnoff lead onto an always on fuse. I don't recommend it, it would
be easier just to leave your key at the ACC position.