Patrick Turner

Default Phil, a sad case.

Dear fellow RATs,
I am forced to let more be known about the real nature of
Phil Allison.

I want it known throughout all the world
that if you stick to your principles,
and never directly respond to the postings by Phill,
and then make it known that you would not mind if the worst of outcomes
imaginable to his
planetary existance occurred, like he has been doing to us,
and if you delete automatically what he tries to
privately post in vain to annoy you, he then stoops to the absurd level
of sending registered letters threatening to take matters to the police
so they would press charges, and have you converted to a criminal,
which would be a reason for an ISP to remove
you from their list of clients.

I received such a letter this week, and I hearby inform Phil
that all letters I have to sign for at the local post office will be
torn up and binned
before opening them.

Alas, what he is doing is the vain action of a man possessed by anger,
a hissy fit because I have exposed what Phool is really like to the
news groups, if you persist in answering his postings.

His personal identity and whereabouts is now known to me.

Regards to all,

Patrick Turner.

arizona cowboy

and if you delete automatically what he tries to
privately post in vain to annoy you, he then stoops to the absurd level
of sending registered letters threatening to take matters to the police
so they would press charges, and have you converted to a criminal,
which would be a reason for an ISP to remove
you from their list of clients.

I received such a letter this week, and I hearby inform Phil
that all letters I have to sign for at the local post office will be
torn up and binned
before opening them.

ummm LV tried to do the same thing to me, but my ISP laughed at him, what a
loser!

PS - his mentor, another loser (the bigot heroin dealer), hopefully will now
get the same jail time that he has been recommending for drug addicts for
years on his radio show

cowboy

Lord Valve

No ****? He really did that? Christ, I've had stalkers call
me before (like Fritz Johnson, for instance, and a couple of
others) since my number is all over the Net, but no-one
ever sent me a registered letter. No-one ever showed
up in person, either, although nearly a dozen (over the
yeatrs) have threatened to. (Perhaps that pic over on the
AAPLS site gave 'em pause... ;-) I guess this just
confirms what I've always suspected - a psycho asshole
who casually wishes colon cancer (or worse) on people
he's arguing with on the Usenet is bound to be dangerous
in the real world too. And since y'all have no guns anymore
down in Oz, if I were you I'd buy a couple of big-ass dogs
(Rottweillers are nice - loyal, very affectionate, and absolutely
willing to kill anyone who attacks their family) and keep a
couple of aluminum baseball bats handy. I mean it...this
dude's a creep, watch yourself.

Lord Valve
Right - As Usual

Patrick Turner wrote:

[...]

Lord Valve

arizona cowboy wrote:

and if you delete automatically what he tries to
privately post in vain to annoy you, he then stoops to the absurd level
of sending registered letters threatening to take matters to the police
so they would press charges, and have you converted to a criminal,
which would be a reason for an ISP to remove
you from their list of clients.

I received such a letter this week, and I hearby inform Phil
that all letters I have to sign for at the local post office will be
torn up and binned
before opening them.

ummm LV tried to do the same thing to me, but my ISP laughed at him, what a
loser!

That's a lie. Prove it.
LV

Phil Allison

"Lord Valve" wrote in message
No ****? He really did that? Christ, I've had stalkers call
me before (like Fritz Johnson, for instance, and a couple of
others) since my number is all over the Net, but no-one
ever sent me a registered letter.

** So using the proper, legal approach is LV's idea of an evil deed ?

What a colossal and dangerous moron Willy Boy is.

............. Phil

Syl

"Patrick Turner" a écrit dans le message

...he then stoops to the absurd level
of sending registered letters threatening to take matters to the police
so they would press charges, and have you converted to a criminal,
which would be a reason for an ISP to remove
you from their list of clients.

If all this is true...
I hope you kept the private email Patrick. You have a clear case of
harassment here.
Keep a copy of the emails, the ng's postings AND the registered mail.
Harassment as I see it just became blackmailing...The local sheriff will
take this
as serious threat. "I" would be the first one to contact the authorities.
You'd be
surprised to know to outcome...And it won't cost "you" a penny (or whatever
denomiation you are using...)

Just a thought, been there,
Syl

Patrick Turner

Lord Valve wrote:

[...]

I do watch myself ok.
I am not a threat to him, in any way.
I have had umpteen opportunities to do something, but I am a busy
man.

I have never needed Rottweilers or guns to bolster my confidence and
provide my security, since I really have so so few enemies.
I leave the kitchen knife on a shelf where an intruder might
not find it, and there are no baseball bats, or cricket bats.
These could be snatched from me and used against me.
Shooting intruders is likely to have me end up in jail.

If one keeps an illegal hand gun, then you shoot to kill,
and then fire a shot or two into the walls or ceiling,
to make it look like he tried to murder you, then there was a struggle
for the gun, and you managed to relieve him of the weapon and use it on
him in self defense. But this unlikely scenario is likely to work out the way
you plan,
and its likely to all go haywire. The forensic investigation will reveal the
truth,
and quite frankly, the hell on earth one endures after having some misguided
sod bleeding to death beside the tube amps would affect one's sanity for the
rest of one's life.
But there was a lady I knew who was a foreign diplomat, who was advised to
act
this way if an intruder broke into the Oz embassy in a dodgy 3rd world
country.

We are like the other countries in the world where guns
are not a major enforcing agent, and so we have less than 100
annual gun related acts of violence for a population of 20 million.
Meanwhile, the US has about 13,000 gun deaths per annum
for a population of 250million,
so it isn't hard to do some math to go figure which country is a safer place
to live.
I heard Canada has the same number of firearms per head of population
as the US, but like Oz, it has a similar low number of shootings.
Don't ask me to explain that, I ain't an expert on national psychology.

A pair of brutish animals would cost far too much to feed,
so I will take my chances, and although we both know there
are some angry ants about, no need to get all scared.
My neighbourhood is pretty tame compared to many
other parts of the world. I run a far greater risk of
being involved in a car accident than coming to grief in a home invasion.
And I don't have a family to protect.

As for registered letters, it is an old ploy, not always evil.
It has worked effectively in my own life to get a message across to two
dudes
I have known over the last 37 years as an adult.
There was no threat, just a statement of a point of view
which needed to be aired, and there was a right of reply granted.
The two recipients were so shamed by the facts I explained
that reply was impossible for them.

There was no threat of telling tales to police, to get them to "save my
arse",
which our silly Phil has done.
The buck stops with me, and the trouble I did have with the two I did send
such letters to
stopped troubling me immediately, and both they and myself were able to lead
untroubled lives thereafter.
I have found words to be always superior to solving problems than the sword.
And the letter has its merits, and sometimes when its impossible
to say something with words, to their face without a shouting scene,
so sometimes its best to send a letter.
If the other person doesn't reply, then they cannot claim they were not
informed.

These days we have emails, so the letter has become redundant,
except for the fact that a hard copy letter is a legal document.

I am going to have a nice kind of sunday,
and maybe find a little time to make an ancient
Pioneer tube amp sing a bit.
There will be individual bias R and C for the 4 x 6BM8,
and removal of some of the dodgy switches in the signal path.

Patrick Turner.

Lord Valve
Right - As Usual

Patrick Turner wrote:

[...]

Phil Allison

"Syl" wrote in message
. ..
"Patrick Turner" a écrit dans le message

...he then stoops to the absurd level
of sending registered letters threatening to take matters to the police
so they would press charges,

If all this is true...

** Since when is taking a matter to the Police a threat ????

Only a crim would feel threatened by that.

I hope you kept the private email Patrick. You have a clear case of
harassment here.

** And how the **hell** would you know ?

........... Phil

Lord Valve

Patrick Turner wrote:

Lord Valve wrote:

[...]

You mean, you *used* to...right?

I leave the kitchen knife on a shelf where an intruder might
not find it, and there are no baseball bats, or cricket bats.
These could be snatched from me and used against me.
Shooting intruders is likely to have me end up in jail.

Not in Colorado.

We have the "make my day" law here. If someone breaks into my
home, I am *fully* justified in using deadly force to protect myself.
Since the passage of this law, home intrusions in Colorado have
dropped to nearly zero. In Oz, on the other hand...home intrusions
are *way* up. This is because the bad guys know that they will
be attacking an unarmed target.

If one keeps an illegal hand gun, then you shoot to kill,
and then fire a shot or two into the walls or ceiling,
to make it look like he tried to murder you, then there was a struggle
for the gun, and you managed to relieve him of the weapon and use it on
him in self defense.

All of mine are completely legal. See above. ;-)

But this unlikely scenario is likely to work out the way
you plan,
and its likely to all go haywire. The forensic investigation will reveal the
truth,
and quite frankly, the hell on earth one endures after having some misguided
sod bleeding to death beside the tube amps would affect one's sanity for the
rest of one's life.

As opposed to the hell on earth one may suffer after seeing

his daughters and wife raped, son killed, pets tortured...
I'll take the dead "misguided sod" every time, thank you.

But there was a lady I knew who was a foreign diplomat, who was advised to
act
this way if an intruder broke into the Oz embassy in a dodgy 3rd world
country.

Hmmm...

You're in the midst of *becoming* a dodgy third world
country. Removal of the primary means of self-defense
from the populace only hastens the process.

We are like the other countries in the world where guns
are not a major enforcing agent, and so we have less than 100
annual gun related acts of violence for a population of 20 million.
Meanwhile, the US has about 13,000 gun deaths per annum
for a population of 250million,
so it isn't hard to do some math to go figure which country is a safer place
to live.

I'll take the US, thank you.

And you might be surprised to find out who all those shooters are...eh?

I heard Canada has the same number of firearms per head of population
as the US, but like Oz, it has a similar low number of shootings.
Don't ask me to explain that, I ain't an expert on national psychology.

Canada is plenty violent - they just talk a good game.

A pair of brutish animals would cost far too much to feed,

Don't be an ass. Rotweillers aren't "brutish," as anyone

who has made the acquaintance of one can tell you. They
are, in fact, intelligent, affectionate and loyal pooches, who
are *very* good at deciding whose face needs licking and
whose arse needs biting.

so I will take my chances, and although we both know there
are some angry ants about, no need to get all scared.

Hey - *you're* the dude who felt he needed to make a public record of things.

My neighbourhood is pretty tame compared to many
other parts of the world. I run a far greater risk of
being involved in a car accident than coming to grief in a home invasion.
And I don't have a family to protect.

I do. I pack. End of story.

[...]

Next time someone pulls a knife on you, talk him out of it.

Myself, I rely on Mag-Safe fragmentation ammo. Point,
click, asshole deleted. Time for supper, eh? ;-)

And the letter has its merits, and sometimes when its impossible
to say something with words, to their face without a shouting scene,
so sometimes its best to send a letter.
If the other person doesn't reply, then they cannot claim they were not
informed.

These days we have emails, so the letter has become redundant,
except for the fact that a hard copy letter is a legal document.

I am going to have a nice kind of sunday,
and maybe find a little time to make an ancient
Pioneer tube amp sing a bit.
There will be individual bias R and C for the 4 x 6BM8,
and removal of some of the dodgy switches in the signal path.

Well, boy howdy, son, I hope you enjoy yourself.

And next time someone posts something supportive when
you inform everyone you're being stalked, try not to deliver
a ****ing Yank-bashing gun control lecture, ok?

Lord Valve
Yank (and you can ****ing LIKE it)

Patrick Turner.

Lord Valve
Right - As Usual

Patrick Turner wrote:

[...]

Choky

whoa!
exactly my type of arrogant knowledgeable asshole!
)
ps. tnx Goodness that I'm living in peaceful country.................
--
.................................................. ........................
Choky

"don't use force, "don't use force,
use a larger hammer" use a larger tube
- Choky and IST"
- ZM

Greg Pierce

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 07:09:26 +0000, the highly esteemed Lord Valve
enlightened us with these pearls of wisdom:

Patrick Turner wrote:

Lord Valve wrote:

[...]

Nor here in Arizona.

We have the "make my day" law here. If someone breaks into my
home, I am *fully* justified in using deadly force to protect myself.
Since the passage of this law, home intrusions in Colorado have
dropped to nearly zero. In Oz, on the other hand...home intrusions
are *way* up. This is because the bad guys know that they will
be attacking an unarmed target.

We have a similar law, although the term is a bit more PC than "make
my day". As with Colorado, home invasions (and burglaries in general)
have dropped drastically with this law, particularly after a few would-be
home invaders got shot by homeowners who were rightfully defending
themselves and their family.

If one keeps an illegal hand gun, then you shoot to kill, and then fire
a shot or two into the walls or ceiling, to make it look like he tried
to murder you, then there was a struggle for the gun, and you managed
to relieve him of the weapon and use it on him in self defense.

All of mine are completely legal. See above. ;-)

Same here.

But this unlikely scenario is likely to work out the way you plan, and
its likely to all go haywire. The forensic investigation will reveal
the truth,
and quite frankly, the hell on earth one endures after having some
misguided sod bleeding to death beside the tube amps would affect one's
sanity for the rest of one's life.

As opposed to the hell on earth one may suffer after seeing

his daughters and wife raped, son killed, pets tortured... I'll take the
dead "misguided sod" every time, thank you.

Again. same here.

[...]

Not to mention the victims - if a drug pusher is shot to death by a rival,
and elsewhere someone driving is shot and killed by a carjacker, BOTH
are considered "homicide by gunshot" and treated equally - they don't
mention that one wouldn't have been killed if he hadn't been involved
in certain criminal activities...

I heard Canada has the same number of firearms per head of population
as the US, but like Oz, it has a similar low number of shootings. Don't
ask me to explain that, I ain't an expert on national psychology.

Canada is plenty violent - they just talk a good game.

In the UK, gun violence has been on the rise for years, despite virtually
all guns being banned. Assaults and non-gun homicides are also a large
problem. Apparently, knives and bludgeoning weapons work just fine
for the criminals there, since the intended victim is very unlikely to
be armed.

A pair of brutish animals would cost far too much to feed,

Don't be an ass. Rotweillers aren't "brutish," as anyone

who has made the acquaintance of one can tell you. They are, in fact,
intelligent, affectionate and loyal pooches, who are *very* good at
deciding whose face needs licking and whose arse needs biting.

In general, a Rott has to be trained to be vicious, otherwise, they are
much less prone to attack unprovoked vs., say, a chow...

so I will take my chances, and although we both know there are some
angry ants about, no need to get all scared.

Hey - *you're* the dude who felt he needed to make a public record of
things.

My neighbourhood is pretty tame compared to many other parts of the
world. I run a far greater risk of being involved in a car accident
than coming to grief in a home invasion. And I don't have a family to
protect.

I do. I pack. End of story.

I don't, and I pack. I have no intention of being a victim. End of story.

[...]

I use Winchester SXTs myself ;-)

[...]

Yank (I don't really give a **** if anyone likes it or not)

Patrick Turner

Lord Valve wrote:

Patrick Turner wrote:

Lord Valve wrote:

[...]

Have you ever lived here?

[...]

I have never ever in 30 years of living in Canberra suburbs ever thought
I needed canine help to feel safe.
I hear what you say about the Rotties being intelligent,
but there have been plenty of cases here where the dogs make a mistake
of judgement, and someone's life is ruined.
I like a gun free and dog free environment in which to live,
and you are welcome to your preference. Meanwhile,
we can both enjoy our tube gear....

so I will take my chances, and although we both know there
are some angry ants about, no need to get all scared.

Hey - *you're* the dude who felt he needed to make a public record of things.

My neighbourhood is pretty tame compared to many
other parts of the world. I run a far greater risk of
being involved in a car accident than coming to grief in a home invasion.
And I don't have a family to protect.

I do. I pack. End of story.

Well I will be ever so polite when I visit.......

[...]

Nobody ever has, and chances are he'd surprise me before I took aim,
and if I did shoot the *******, maybe the bullet might go through his
head, and continue on, killing a nearby child.........

The sum total of "winning" against an intruder doesn't always amount to much.
I know Charlton Heston keeps a loaded pistol under the pillow,
but it ain't for me.

Guns are for war, not peace.
So if intruders know you may have a gun, they come into your house with
better hardware, and using more surprise than you might resist,
so being armed may still result in a bloody outcome.

Myself, I rely on Mag-Safe fragmentation ammo. Point,
click, asshole deleted. Time for supper, eh? ;-)

And what's Mr A-hole got? maybe he shoots first.....

And the letter has its merits, and sometimes when its impossible
to say something with words, to their face without a shouting scene,
so sometimes its best to send a letter.
If the other person doesn't reply, then they cannot claim they were not
informed.

These days we have emails, so the letter has become redundant,
except for the fact that a hard copy letter is a legal document.

I am going to have a nice kind of sunday,
and maybe find a little time to make an ancient
Pioneer tube amp sing a bit.
There will be individual bias R and C for the 4 x 6BM8,
and removal of some of the dodgy switches in the signal path.

Well, boy howdy, son, I hope you enjoy yourself.

And next time someone posts something supportive when
you inform everyone you're being stalked, try not to deliver
a ****ing Yank-bashing gun control lecture, ok?

Well, I ain't bashing you guys, OK, I merely pointed out
there are differences between countries and their people's attitudes to
easy access to guns.
We have had some horrid instances of guys taking out
a whole bunch of innocents, Martin Bryant was a classic, he shot 35 tourists
one day in Tasmania with an assault rifle.
Gun control was tightened as a direct result.
I am not here to say the extra control was good or bad,
or that the US is worse than Oz, or vice versa,
but we haven't seen an increase in gun deaths.

BTW, I don't feel I am being stalked, its just seems to me
ppl should know about the nuisance value of trying to converse with
an angry little ant, they do try to bite, so leave them alone.

Lord Valve
Yank (and you can ****ing LIKE it)

You ought to come down under some day,
You just might like it.....

If you like hunting wild pigs out in the bush, we have some near as big as
elephants,
and you are allowed to shoot as many as you find, before they
tear you apart.

Patrick Turner.

Patrick Turner

Choky wrote:

whoa!
exactly my type of arrogant knowledgeable asshole!
)
ps. tnx Goodness that I'm living in peaceful country

Calm down Choky, its OK, let them have their say.
Now how many folks have died screaming in Yugoslavia
during the last hundred years?

Its probably better to stick to tube topics,
and I won't try to persist with the subject.

Try to have a nice week old pal, and let the past rest; the
yanks have ways of doing things which I at least have no
great ability to change.

Patrick Turner.

.................................................. .......................
Choky
Prodanovic Aleksandar
YU

"don't use force, "don't use force,
use a larger hammer" use a larger tube
- Choky and IST"
- ZM
.................................................. ..........................
..

Phil Allison

"ruff" wrote in message
u...
"Patrick Turner" wrote in message

Dear fellow aus.hi-fi readers,
[...]
from the letter head.
Regards to all,
Patrick Turner.

Sing sing or show us the thing. We want the letter, we want the letter, we
want the letter, WE WANT THE LETTER.

** So you want to see the text of the registered letter I felt compelled to
send to Mr Turner ?

The one I sent by ordinary mail because he claims on NGs that he
deletes emails from me without reading them ?

The one where I "threaten" him with the police ?

Is that the one you want to see ruff ?

............ Phil

john stewart

Note to Lord Valve- After reading your tirade please don't
go into politics. Even Adolph Hitler would not have you around.
There seems to be some lack of control & good sense
in your life. Not sure why. Better consult a shrink. JLS

Tim Williams

"john stewart" wrote in message
Note to Lord Valve- After reading your tirade please don't
go into politics.

Sorry John, he's on the money for a lot of it. Presentation could use
a little work, but that's his asshole style.

Tim

--
"That's for the courts to decide." - Homer Simpson

Lord Valve

john stewart wrote:

Note to Lord Valve- After reading your tirade please don't
go into politics. Even Adolph Hitler would not have you around.
There seems to be some lack of control & good sense
in your life. Not sure why. Better consult a shrink. JLS

Is this *really* a Hitler post? You're kidding - right? Not only
that, the amateur online psychoanalysis bit is utterly priceless.
*Utterly*.

The laws in my local jurisdiction permit me to be armed.
(Free men carry arms. Slaves fear those who are armed.
Choose.) The fact that I carry a pistol (and am prepared
to use it in defense of my life, family, or property) does
not mean that I relish the thought, nor does it state that
I have ever done so.

I have, in fact, drawn my weapon three times with intent
to use it if necessary. Two of these involved attemtped
robbery by street thugs, one involved an attempted
holdup within my business premises. In all three cases,
the mere display of the weapon was sufficient to remove
the threat.

When my wife was eight months pregnant with our first
child, a man broke the window of our front door while
she was taking a bath, and was in the process of reaching
through the broken glass to unlock the deadbolt on the inside
of the door. My wife's statement "I HAVE A GUN!" followed
by the sound of a round being jacked into the chamber of
her Colt Combat Commander .45ACP did the trick
*immediately*. Had he not retreated, she'd have shot him
dead on the spot. And *I'd* have sent the bill for cleaning
what was left of him off my carpet to his next of kin.

**** criminals, and those who coddle them.

Lord Valve
Armed

Greg Pierce

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:31:03 +1000, the highly esteemed Patrick Turner

Lord Valve wrote:

Patrick Turner wrote:

Lord Valve wrote:

[...]

Are you sure the environment is "gun-free". The only people who respect
the gun laws are the "law-abiding" citizens. Criminals, by definition,
don't care, and will continue to have them. There is no utopia created
by gun bans, only defenseless victims - sorry.

--
Greg

--The software said it requires Win2000 or better, so I installed Linux.

Greg Pierce

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 19:59:12 +0000, the highly esteemed Lord Valve

john stewart wrote:

Note to Lord Valve- After reading your tirade please don't
go into politics. Even Adolph Hitler would not have you around.
There seems to be some lack of control & good sense
in your life. Not sure why. Better consult a shrink. JLS

Is this *really* a Hitler post? You're kidding - right? Not only
that, the amateur online psychoanalysis bit is utterly priceless.
*Utterly*.

The laws in my local jurisdiction permit me to be armed.
(Free men carry arms. Slaves fear those who are armed.
Choose.) The fact that I carry a pistol (and am prepared
to use it in defense of my life, family, or property) does
not mean that I relish the thought, nor does it state that
I have ever done so.

Why is it that people think that if you arm yourself, then you
are looking for trouble, or you want to shoot someone. Or, they
think that you might pull your weapon at the least provocation.
Like LV, I hope to God that I never, EVER have to use my
gun for self-defense.

I have, in fact, drawn my weapon three times with intent
to use it if necessary. Two of these involved attemtped
robbery by street thugs, one involved an attempted
holdup within my business premises. In all three cases,
the mere display of the weapon was sufficient to remove
the threat.

I've been fortunate in never needing to skin mine.

When my wife was eight months pregnant with our first
child, a man broke the window of our front door while
she was taking a bath, and was in the process of reaching
through the broken glass to unlock the deadbolt on the inside
of the door. My wife's statement "I HAVE A GUN!" followed
by the sound of a round being jacked into the chamber of
her Colt Combat Commander .45ACP did the trick
*immediately*. Had he not retreated, she'd have shot him
dead on the spot. And *I'd* have sent the bill for cleaning
what was left of him off my carpet to his next of kin.

**** criminals, and those who coddle them.

I agree 100% The problem isn't guns, its the friggin criminal
justice system that gives them a slap on the wrist for serious
offenses. Not to mention the bleeding hearts who tell the crooks
"Its not your fault - you were abused as a child", so they don't
have to take responsibility for their own actions. Bull****!

Lord Valve
Armed

Greg
Likewise

Bob Hedberg

Gee, if Canada has the same number of guns per head as the US, but
with signicantly fewer gun deaths, could it be possible the violence
is in fact because of a culture of violence with little value placed
on human life, and not because there are guns available?

Doesn't this at least question the theory of gun availability equating
to gun related deaths?

Is it possible that I lived and worked in the Washington DC area for
10 years, (N. VA, MD), and never heard a gunshot once? Could it be
possible that the vast majority of gun deaths occur in small pockets
of the cities over drugs, and not all over the US? Might it be
possible that the gun-grabbers use these numbers selectively and
creativly, painting a picture of gun violence spread out over the
land?

I'll bet I'm a lot safer here in the outskirts of the small city I
live in here in the USA than in a bad part of any large city of any
country.

Hmmmm....

Bob H.

Patrick Turner wrote:

[...]

Just grab that plate in one hand, the chassis in the other,
and FEEL the power of tube audio!!!
(not literally, of course, just kidding. DON'T DO THAT!)

john stewart

Lord Valve wrote:

john stewart wrote:

Note to Lord Valve- After reading your tirade please don't
go into politics. Even Adolph Hitler would not have you around.
There seems to be some lack of control & good sense
in your life. Not sure why. Better consult a shrink. JLS

Is this *really* a Hitler post? You're kidding - right? Not only
that, the amateur online psychoanalysis bit is utterly priceless.
*Utterly*.

Perhaps I was wrong since you do appear to live in a violent land.
Your oratory on what you have done & will do in the future has
impressed my imagination. Perhaps you could fill in as a
speech writer for someone like Joseph Goebbels.
Just a thought.......

Yes, I have been to Colorado many times. It didn't seem as
violent as you say. I missed something? But I will think
twice before coming again.

....................JLS

TT

WE WANT THE LETTER.

** So you want to see the text of the registered letter I felt compelled

send to Mr Turner ?

Yep

The one I sent by ordinary mail because he claims on NGs that he
deletes emails from me without reading them ?

Goes show he's a wise man ;-)

The one where I "threaten" him with the police ?

You threaten lots of people with the police.

Is that the one you want to see ruff ?

Yep and me to.

........... Phil

TT

(Awaiting the usual Simian based inanities)

Phil Allison

"TT"

The one where I "threaten" him with the police ?

You threaten lots of people with the police.

** Only criminals regard mention of police involvement to be a "threat".

.......... Phil

TT

"Phil Allison" wrote in message
u...

"TT"

The one where I "threaten" him with the police ?

You threaten lots of people with the police.

** Only criminals regard mention of police involvement to be a

"threat".

......... Phil

Wrong again - sad boy. Malicious types *DO* make false or misleading
complaints to the Police to harass the innocent!

TT

Phil Allison

"TT" wrote in message

"Phil Allison" wrote in message
u...

"TT"

The one where I "threaten" him with the police ?

You threaten lots of people with the police.

** Only criminals regard mention of police involvement to be a

"threat".

......... Phil

Wrong again - sad boy.

** That means I am right.

Malicious types *DO* make false or misleading complaints to the Police to

harass the innocent!

** Totally irrelevant to reporting what has been posted on the net to
the police.

............ Phil

Lord Valve

john stewart wrote:

Lord Valve wrote:

john stewart wrote:

Note to Lord Valve- After reading your tirade please don't
go into politics. Even Adolph Hitler would not have you around.
There seems to be some lack of control & good sense
in your life. Not sure why. Better consult a shrink. JLS

Is this *really* a Hitler post? You're kidding - right? Not only
that, the amateur online psychoanalysis bit is utterly priceless.
*Utterly*.

Perhaps I was wrong since you do appear to live in a violent land.
Your oratory on what you have done & will do in the future has
impressed my imagination. Perhaps you could fill in as a
speech writer for someone like Joseph Goebbels.
Just a thought.......

Hitler *and* Goebbels. Obviously a Gore voter. Priceless, inDEED.

Yes, I have been to Colorado many times. It didn't seem as
violent as you say. I missed something? But I will think
twice before coming again.

Excellent - the one thing we *don't* need here is more
gun-grabbing leftist creeps. And as far as violence
goes, look for it to decrease markedly in the next year
or so, as the citizenry takes advantage of the recently-
passed statewide "shall issue" CCW law.

Lord Valve
American

Miro

"TT" wrote in message

"Phil Allison" wrote in message
u...

"TT"

The one where I "threaten" him with the police ?

You threaten lots of people with the police.

** Only criminals regard mention of police involvement to be a

"threat".

......... Phil

Wrong again - sad boy.

** That means I am right.

Malicious types *DO* make false or misleading complaints to the Police

harass the innocent!

** Totally irrelevant to reporting what has been posted on the net to
the police.

........... Phil

The test of relevance has long departed.

Tony Pearce

"Phil Allison" wrote in message
** Totally irrelevant to reporting what has been posted on the net to
the police.

What did they say after they stopped laughing at you?

TonyP.

Greg Pierce

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:08:22 -0400, the highly esteemed john stewart

Lord Valve wrote:

john stewart wrote:

Note to Lord Valve- After reading your tirade please don't
go into politics. Even Adolph Hitler would not have you around.
There seems to be some lack of control & good sense
in your life. Not sure why. Better consult a shrink. JLS

Is this *really* a Hitler post? You're kidding - right? Not only
that, the amateur online psychoanalysis bit is utterly priceless.
*Utterly*.

Perhaps I was wrong since you do appear to live in a violent land.
Your oratory on what you have done & will do in the future has
impressed my imagination. Perhaps you could fill in as a
speech writer for someone like Joseph Goebbels.
Just a thought.......

Yes, I have been to Colorado many times. It didn't seem as
violent as you say. I missed something? But I will think
twice before coming again.

...................JLS

Perhaps you should examine your history. Adolf Hitler and pals DISARMED
the general populace. Since you seem to believe that the general populace
should be disarmed, explain how YOU are any different from Hitler,
Goebbels, and friends?

--
Greg

--The software said it requires Win2000 or better, so I installed Linux.

TT

"Tony Pearce" wrote in message

"Phil Allison" wrote in message
** Totally irrelevant to reporting what has been posted on the net

the police.

What did they say after they stopped laughing at you?

TonyP.

Probably what everyone else says "**** off Phil and get a life!"

Regards TT

Phil Allison

"Tony Pearce" wrote in message

"Phil Allison" wrote in message
** Totally irrelevant to reporting what has been posted on the net

the police.

What did they say after they stopped laughing at you?

** Trevor, as usual has not even read the thread.

No that his flea sized ticket inspector's brain would follow it.

.......... Phil

ruff

"ruff" wrote in message
[...]

To be totally honest Phil, I don't want to see your letter at all. I was
actually having a shot at Pat to either show everyone the letter or stop
bitching, but my intent appears to have missed it's mark.

ruff

........... Phil

Choky

I was joking.......
hehe

--
.................................................. ........................

Choky wrote:

[...]

Bob Hedberg

**** criminals, and those who coddle them.

I agree 100% The problem isn't guns, its the friggin criminal
justice system that gives them a slap on the wrist for serious
offenses. Not to mention the bleeding hearts who tell the crooks
"Its not your fault - you were abused as a child", so they don't
have to take responsibility for their own actions. Bull****!

Hear Hear!

Lord Valve
Armed

Greg
Likewise

Bob
As Well
Bob H.

Just grab that plate in one hand, the chassis in the other,
and FEEL the power of tube audio!!!
(not literally, of course, just kidding. DON'T DO THAT!)

Chuck Harris

Awww come on Bob, don'cha go using logic in this here debate, eh! We
got to do it for the children... yeah, that's the ticket.

The last survey I saw that compared the US and Canadian numbers took
two towns of similar size, one in the US, and one in Canada. The
Canadian town was remote, and hadn't yet joined the US network
television market. Well, before the exposure to US television, the
Canadian town's violence rate was very small, much lower than the US
town. After the exposure to US television, the Canadian town's violence
rate started to skyrocket!

Perhaps we should ban US television? We could do it for the children.

-Chuck Harris, I am the NRA!

Patrick Turner wrote:

[...]

Patrick Turner

Chuck Harris wrote:

Awww come on Bob, don'cha go using logic in this here debate, eh! We
got to do it for the children... yeah, that's the ticket.

The last survey I saw that compared the US and Canadian numbers took
two towns of similar size, one in the US, and one in Canada. The
Canadian town was remote, and hadn't yet joined the US network
television market. Well, before the exposure to US television, the
Canadian town's violence rate was very small, much lower than the US
town. After the exposure to US television, the Canadian town's violence
rate started to skyrocket!

Perhaps we should ban US television? We could do it for the children.

-Chuck Harris, I am the NRA!

In addition to never having firearms in my house,
which could always be used against me,
Or used regretfully to shoot a kid doing his first burglary to fund a drug habit,
where money is all they want.

I have NO TELEVISION.
TV is a cesspool of dumb witted violence, and I agree with arab nations
that it has a corrosive influence on the morals of all of us,
and teaches kids to be violent just for the heck of it, and callous about
the misfortunes of others.
Now the younger set naturally invent games
of war amoungst themselves, even without the streams of blood and screams
on TV.

Violence is used to fill the spaces between the utterly objectionable spamming
of the whole population by the sponsors of the programs each 10 minutes.
It is utterly unecessary to increase the younger ones celebration of
mock wars they invent as part of growing up, with TV.

TV teaches kids NOT to concentrate, since the adds spoil all that,
and most programs are designed for the lowest commom denominator intelligence
levels.
TV teaches kids they MUST have what they don't need.
TV teaches kids to want an unrealistic and unsustainable lifestyle
of the stars, and all the BS that stars get up to.
TV damages ppl's ability to think independantly.

TV is a promotional medium for the selling of products by multinational
companies. It is a gigantic con machine, designed to separate the ordinary
person from his hard earned $$ and to make the companies a nice profit,
some of which truly don't deserve a cent, like the cigarette & tobacco makers,
who used to have a huge advertising budget during shows like
"Father knows best", long ago, ( but really he didn't know much).
Now its programs like "Survivor" that get bums on seats, and the
advertising 'suggestion machine' rolls onwards, and its all BS.

Some would argue that watching the cricket and rugby is
essential for mental happiness, but all I need to hear are the scores at the end of
the game.
The adds placed into such programs are intolerable, and I always have other
things to think about and achieve. Its hard for me to sit in front of a TV,
and feel I am not wasting time.
I refuse to have a TV in the house!

When I did have one, I used to watch only SBS,
which a special broadcasting service for multicultures,
and the ABC, the nationally owned and run station, and the only one without adds.
SBS started having adds, and in 2000, the TV I used to very occasionally watch
finally expired, and I have never bothered to fix it. I don't miss the darn thing.
I refuse to find the $$ fore HT, which is simply glorified TV, since
the picture still has not the same impact as a real theatre.
Surround sound??? who needs it??

This makes the enjoyment of music more profound.

I do listen to the news and occasional radio discussion, again
on the ABC, but I have ZERO tolerance for ALL the commercially run radio stations.
I just cannot accept the advertising.

For serious entertainment, I go to local movies, and to
the ANU film club where I see about 2 movies per week, all
of some merit, such as 'Nowhere in Africa' last night,
and 'Lolita', from 1962, the night before.
Even in this old movie, Lolita spends much time sucking on a coca cola,
and eating chips, and its subtle advertising.
But this old film reminds us that persuasion and culture, and life issues faced
by ppl have not changed in 40 years.
Much of the 180 movies per year put on by the club at real low
cost, about 30c per movie, are from the US, where the usual
stream of mindless violence prevails, accompanied by sound tracks dominated
by fake explosions and sound levels requiring ear plugs.
I did see several where Jack Nicholson starred, which were quite well crafted.
The US is the main source of the film culture, and there is good and bad in what
is available to watch. I prefer to ignore much of the US media cultural values.
And what is US culture? that indeed is a vexatious question, since american
citizens
comprise of so many varieties, but fortunately, there are millions who
I quite like.

I don't need to have a gun. I did once have a burglary, and about $500
went missing, and it was while I was out working in the day, so what use would a
gun be if
I wasn't there to shoo them away?
Was some young idiot's life worth only $500?
99% of break ins here are done to get $$ for drugs, and they just don't bother ppl
who are at home, or if they do, its very very unusual.

I don't like the TV being on, because that's a home invasion.....

Patrick Turner.

Patrick Turner wrote:

[...]

Fred Nachbaur

Patrick Turner wrote:

[...]

I have NO TELEVISION.
TV is a cesspool of dumb witted violence, and I agree with arab nations
that it has a corrosive influence on the morals of all of us,
[...]

A man after my own heart. I "shot" my TV about 15 years ago, and haven't
missed it. CBC radio and the internet fulfill my information
requirements, and music (both created and reproduced) are my joy and
entertainment.

Actually, I can't quite say I don't own a television. There's a little
black-and-white jobbie in the closet, that one day I'll convert into an
oscilloscope for my stereo, just because I think it would look cool.

Cheers,
Fred
| Music: http://www3.telus.net/dogstarmusic/ |
| Projects: http://dogstar.dantimax.dk |

Andy Evans

Right on guys - we may be grumpy old men, or we may just be old enough and
smart enough to see the light. I listen to classical music on the radio, but I
confess to being a news junky - I often leave 24 hours news on for most of the
day. Not that I think the 'news' is necessarily the truth - I have on occasion
shouted at the television to show my disgust. Well, I was once a journalist.

=== Andy Evans ===
Visit our Website:- http://www.artsandmedia.com
Audio, music and health pages and interesting links.