Robert Morein

Default Way to artificially introduce highs into old recording?

"Marc Brown" wrote in message
m...
Bit of a newbie when it comes to this stuff, as this question will no

doubt
reveal. Basically, I've got some old recordings (audio tapes, LPs, even
CDs of poorly-mastered material) that exhibit an annoying absence of high
frequencies, making them sound just too dull. I'm after whatever process,
plugin, or whatever there is out there that can analyze such recordings
and guess, with reasonable accuracy, when to add highs, and what type..
that sort of thing. I suppose this primarily means white noise. Better
than nothing.

This would be essentially the same sort of restorative process as anti-
clipping, only something that works on the frequency spectrum.

I'm sure something along these lines exist, but since I lack the basic
knowledge of what terminology to apply to this scenario, I'm at a loss.
Any takers?

Thanks!

A BBE 2002 Sonic Maximizer, which I will shamelessly sell you for $75 +
shipping.
See http://www.bbesound.com/pdfs/2002_manual.pdf