Steven Sullivan

Default James Randi vs. the golden ears

I'm glad it finally happened. Now, will any of the golden ears
and snake-oil-makers step up and take the challenge?

http://www.randi.org/jr/080504string.html#8

--

-S.
"We started to see evidence of the professional groupie in the early 80's.

Kalman Rubinson

On 18 Aug 2004 14:34:54 GMT, Steven Sullivan wrote:

I'm glad it finally happened. Now, will any of the golden ears
and snake-oil-makers step up and take the challenge?

I was given a Shakti Stone some years ago. When I removed the
screws that secure the cover on my SF Line-3 to do some tube swapping,
I used the stone on the cover to keep it from buzzing when I play at
high levels. I would be happy to do a DBT- A/B/X test in my system to
see if I can hear the buzzing when the stone is removed. BTW, the
replacement of the original screws works just as well. Who says the
Shakti Stone isn't effective? :-)

Kal

Kalman Rubinson

On 9 Dec 2004 03:24:32 GMT, "scott and barb"
wrote:

How about a bigger stone,or maybe a petosky stone?

The 'stock' stone was entirely adequate for the purpose and a larger
one would not have fit. No reason to spend more. ;-)

Kal

"Kalman Rubinson" wrote in message
On 18 Aug 2004 14:34:54 GMT, Steven Sullivan wrote:

I'm glad it finally happened. Now, will any of the golden ears
and snake-oil-makers step up and take the challenge?

I was given a Shakti Stone some years ago. When I removed the
screws that secure the cover on my SF Line-3 to do some tube swapping,
I used the stone on the cover to keep it from buzzing when I play at
high levels. I would be happy to do a DBT- A/B/X test in my system to
see if I can hear the buzzing when the stone is removed. BTW, the
replacement of the original screws works just as well. Who says the
Shakti Stone isn't effective? :-)

Kal

WVK

A new application for the Pet Rock?:
http://www.sethwhite.org/images/scie...pet%20rock.jpg

WVK

scott and barb wrote:
How about a bigger stone,or maybe a petosky stone?
"Kalman Rubinson" wrote in message

On 18 Aug 2004 14:34:54 GMT, Steven Sullivan wrote:

I'm glad it finally happened. Now, will any of the golden ears
and snake-oil-makers step up and take the challenge?

I was given a Shakti Stone some years ago. When I removed the
screws that secure the cover on my SF Line-3 to do some tube swapping,
I used the stone on the cover to keep it from buzzing when I play at
high levels. I would be happy to do a DBT- A/B/X test in my system to
see if I can hear the buzzing when the stone is removed. BTW, the
replacement of the original screws works just as well. Who says the
Shakti Stone isn't effective? :-)

Kal

James Randi Million US$ Challenge To Well-Known Golden Ears! Arny Krueger Tech 2 August 24th 04 04:14 AM
Ant golden ears here? Tom Tech 37 January 9th 04 05:59 PM
Golden Ears CDs All Ears High End Audio 0 September 15th 03 08:36 PM