Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound,cakewalk.audio
Here In Oregon Here In Oregon is offline

Default Live Microphones High Gain Before Feedback

Sorry for the cross-post!

I know this question is geared to more of the FOH men and women but opinions
would be most appreciated. Here is the situation. We have a female backup
and lead vocalist who is an awesome singer but she has a soft voice and has
to eat microphones for lunch and dinner which can be difficult in some
situations for the engineers in live settings. There have been workarounds
however.

Anyway we are looking for a high gain before feedback supercardoid or
hypercardoid for her voice and another for a male lead vocalist who doesn't
have this problem but it is upgrade the live vocal microphone time.

Would like to spend under three hundred per microphone.

Seriously looking at the Sennheiser evolution 945, and the 845. Also the
Audix OM7 and the OM5.

Of course sound quality is huge!

Are the Audix build quality (Taiwanese made I think) holding up? Their US
headquarters are less than 10 miles away from me.

I have owned Sennheisers in the past like the MD441 and it held up very well
over the years.

Please do not tell me to go out and just try some of them because that is
what I will be doing.
But with the hygiene issue that many retailers deal with; I just want to
narrow my choices down.
I think I am in the ballpark and maybe down on the field, but I need to bat
ASAP.

Go OSU!!!! (College baseball super regionals this weekend and they won the
NCAA Championship last year) Oh,... and that means they were the best team
in the country. ;-)