Rob Adelman

Default Sony reverb wanted !!!!

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&safe=off&q=mark+linett+sony+reverb+group%3Arec.a udio.pro+group%3Arec.audio.pro&btnG=Google+Search& meta=group%3Drec.audio.pro

BlacklineMusic

Hi
I am looking for a sony dre s-777 reverb
Does anyone knows where to get a second hand unit ?

Thanks

Phil

I don't get why anyone would buy one of these. Why not get a new big ole PC
and put in a DAW and use SIR with all the tons of great impulses available on
the web... you can use the whole setup on an aux.. this would set you back like
2 grand with a good sound card. Thats like less then half the money of the
Sony, and you can use the money you saved for beer and hookers.
Steve
Don Cooper

Rob Adelman wrote:

http://grou

pro+group3Arec.audio.pro&btnG=Google+Search&meta=g roup%3Drec.audio.pro

Pretty funny.

Don
Rob Adelman

How did you get that link out of it?

Don Cooper wrote:

Rob Adelman wrote:

http://grou

pro+group3Arec.audio.pro&btnG=Google+Search&meta=g roup%3Drec.audio.pro

Pretty funny.

Don

Scott Dorsey

stereobeatz wrote:
I am looking for a sony dre s-777 reverb
Does anyone knows where to get a second hand unit ?

There aren't enough of them out there, and they are still pretty new. So
you aren't going to be seeing used ones showing up for a few years yet.

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"BlacklineMusic" wrote in message ...
Hi
I am looking for a sony dre s-777 reverb
Does anyone knows where to get a second hand unit ?

Thanks

Phil

I don't get why anyone would buy one of these. Why not get a new big ole PC
and put in a DAW and use SIR with all the tons of great impulses available on
the web... you can use the whole setup on an aux.. this would set you back like
2 grand with a good sound card. Thats like less then half the money of the
Sony, and you can use the money you saved for beer and hookers.
Steve

It doesn't sound like good hardware and hookers are getting expensive.

There's a DPS V-77 on e-Bay right now.

BlacklineMusic

Maybe because they don't want to bother, and the box looks lovely, and
it's supported fully by the manufacturer. I don't think that anyone
who has that much money to spend on a reverb has enough time to build
one from parts, software, and web downloads.

Whatever floats your boat. I know of a few studios who use a Mac G4 and
Altiverb on a few aux sends and they are doing great with it. How much is that
Sony??
Steve Rhodes

What about real-time for a start?
I don't think it's very usefull to have half a second delay on the reverbs
when you mix analogue with a desk.
I used SIR before but now I bought the Yamaha SREV1 for mixing in real time.
Very nice!

Steve
RME
London, UK

"BlacklineMusic" wrote in message
Hi
I am looking for a sony dre s-777 reverb
Does anyone knows where to get a second hand unit ?

Thanks

Phil

I don't get why anyone would buy one of these. Why not get a new big ole

PC
and put in a DAW and use SIR with all the tons of great impulses available

on
the web... you can use the whole setup on an aux.. this would set you back

like
2 grand with a good sound card. Thats like less then half the money of

the
Sony, and you can use the money you saved for beer and hookers.
Steve

david

In article ,
BlacklineMusic wrote:

Maybe because they don't want to bother, and the box looks lovely, and
it's supported fully by the manufacturer. I don't think that anyone
who has that much money to spend on a reverb has enough time to build
one from parts, software, and web downloads.

Whatever floats your boat. I know of a few studios who use a Mac G4 and
Altiverb on a few aux sends and they are doing great with it. How much is that
Sony??

Am hearing the same thing about Altiverb. Makes me curious enough to
try the demo when I have some time. Their new 3.0 version makes it
easier to sample acoustic spaces. Saw that you can dl acoustic spaces
from Audioease's website which potentially is very cool.

David Correia
Celebration Sound
Warren, Rhode Island

www.CelebrationSound.com