Jim Anable

Default Ebay seller tifny, cont.

I posted earlier about getting a quad of 7355 from ebay seller tifny
that did NOT test as advertised. I have ebay configured to prompt me
when 7355 tube show for auction.

Guess what? It appears that tifny has my tubes back up for sale! How
do I know? I can't say for positive, but I saved the picture out of my
auction, and the wear on the print on the base of the tubes looks
identical to me.

NOTE: She now posts numbers off of her tester, NOT the phony TV-7
numbers she posted in my auction! ...however, she still claims that
they are strong and matched, which they didn't test on MY machine.

NOTE: Tubes are not "burned" as she claimed that I did to them
(although all flasher areas had an ugly brown around them when they came
to me).

NOTE: She also lied in my feedback and said that I broke a guide pin.
There is NO broken pin in the pic. Hmmm, wonder why? SHE LIED.

NOTE: She rotates the brown flashing area away from view!

She also boosted the price!
MikeyMann

"Jim Anable" wrote in message
[...]

People like this just **** me off. Have you reported her to eBay? Not that
they would do much. Maybe if we got a dozen or two members of the newsgroup
to shoot her some emails she'll pull the auction? I've sent emails to
several people that looked like they were running a fraud, I mentioned the
AGA and that everyone was aware of their fraud, and they pulled the
auctions, at least at that time. They probably resurfaced with another name
later on but they tend to scatter once they know that people are on to them.

Mikey

Jim Anable

PLEASE NOTE:

I got lazy and cross posted my last message, thinking it wouldn't get
any/many responses. Perhaps that was a mistake.

If you respond, you might want to edit out the other groups.
Phil S

Not all bad eBay experiences have a bad end. A while back, I entered the
high bid for something within the last 12 hours and couldn't retract it. It
was for the wrong auction. I got confused. I emailed the seller
immediately and told him (her?) of my plight, told him that I was prepared
for NFB and that I wouldn't be paying. As settlement, he asked me to pay
his eBay fees on the auction, which I gladly did. And....he gave me
POSITIVE feedback. I did the same for him.

Jim, you've got my sympathy. I think, though, your decision to let it go is
the right one. Nothing good will come from further actions. Retailatory
NFB is always a hazard. Too bad you are a victim. On the face of it, this
person has a darn good FB record, 14 neg/neutral out of 949. Go figure.

Stephen Cowell

"Jim Anable" wrote in message

NOTE: She rotates the brown flashing area away from view!

She also boosted the price!

And now she has a B&K 707... hmmmm....
__
Steve
..

John King

Jim Anable wrote:

[...]

Kinda stings to be falsely accused of impropriety huh? LOL!
I know exactly how it feels brother.

Regards,
John "SLEAZY" King
shiva

"Jim Anable" wrote in message
[...]

Hi -
Listen, don't worry about the negative feedback she left you - at this
point, people know how the whole "feedback' system works - people are afraid
to leave truthful feedbacks for fear of retaliatory negatives. So i don't
pay much attention, unless the person's feedback ismore than 20% negative.
I'm guilty of not leaving negatives when they where due - wasn't ****ed
off enough, not 100% sure the misrepresentation was intentional, shipped an
item a week late myself once... So the whole feedback thing's a big
charade - relax.
-dim

Phil S

"Buffalo Bob" wrote in message

On 23-Mar-2005, "shiva" wrote:

Listen, don't worry about the negative feedback she left you - at this
point, people know how the whole "feedback' system works - people are
afraid
to leave truthful feedbacks for fear of retaliatory negatives. So i

don't
pay much attention, unless the person's feedback ismore than 20%

negative.
I'm guilty of not leaving negatives when they where due - wasn't

****ed
off enough, not 100% sure the misrepresentation was intentional, shipped
an
item a week late myself once... So the whole feedback thing's a big
charade - relax.

Do "neutrals" affect the overall feedback percentage?

No, but anything that's not a positive is a negative when I read FB. It's
like getting a D in college. It doesn't count as a failing grade, but you
can't graduate with a D average.

Beware of ebay seller tifny Jim Anable Vacuum Tubes 3 March 21st 05 03:38 PM
Ebay scam or legit? Mikey Pro Audio 26 December 5th 04 10:07 PM
Ebay scam or legit? Mikey Pro Audio 0 December 3rd 04 05:08 PM
Reminder to pay your eBay seller [email protected] Marketplace 2 November 12th 03 03:52 AM
Reminder to pay your eBay seller [email protected] Marketplace 0 November 11th 03 11:13 PM