Viviane Beullens

Default How to record voice with .mid file coming from PC

Hi,

I am a newbie in home-recording and
have the following problem.

I would like to record my voice on music I wrote with
a notation program in the PC.
(I recently got a Yamaha MG10/2 mixing table, a Shure MS58 microphone,
I am writing the notes for the songs with the MusicMasterWorks
notation program and I record my voice with Audacity).

The problem I have is the following: I must be able to hear the music
coming from the PC through the headphones. So, what I do is, I connect
a cable into the PC out-line and the other end of the cable
into a mixing desk's mono entry.
If I then connect the headphones into the mixing table I can hear the
music in my headphones. That's what I want, so till here, everything
is OK.
The problem is this music is recorded together with my voice.
Is there a way to hear the music through the headphones while
recording
only the voice, thus without recoding the music coming from the PC?

Thanks in advance,
Viviane