Helge K.

Default New project studio - photos uploaded - advice sought!

Hello everybody,

I 've nearly finished my basement project studio and have uploaded photos
and a floorplan of the control room and the recording room. I'd like to
invite you to have a look:

http://de.photos.yahoo.com/gitarren_mann

This is to share the ideas I had during the project, and to ask for your
kind advice for the final steps and for further improvement.

One task left is the acoustic treatment of the control room. The room itself
is not symmetrical., but that control room part of the room might come close
with a removable wall installed at the left. This may result in a somewhat
equal behavior for what concerns direct reflections. I plan to install a 1x1
meter foam panel left and right to reduce direct reflections from the side
walls, and one 1x2 meter panel above the desk. The shelves and other stuff
may act as diffusors in the back.

For the recording room, I've fixed the ceiling foam with clotheslines. I
think about placing plywood above it which may suck even lower frequencies.
I'm not an expert, but I already realize low frequency reverberation.
Closing the door reverbs up to 2 seconds at low frequencies, so I think I'll
need a bass trap. The long sides may need acoustic treatment, too.

The cable hole between both rooms can be closed using a fabric bag filled
with sand. The door is fire resistant and made of metal. I plan to replace
the pane by 2 clear window panes one day. Maybe I simply silicon glue the
panes directly to the frame, once the original middle pane is removed. All
walls are made of brick or concrete, covered with wood-chip wallpaper.
Ceiling is concrete. Window in control room is double-glazed. Sound leakage
is no big problem, as this is a one family house.

Thanks for your kind advice

Helge,
Germany
--
Please remove '_nospam' from my e-mail address.

Ethan Winer

Helge,

One task left is the acoustic treatment of the control room.

See my Acoustics FAQ, he

www.recording.org/users/acoustics

--Ethan

Helge K.

Great wet site, thanks Ethan.
A lot of useful help inside!

Can anyone comment on this particular the control room issue, esp. the
non-symmetry and the size of the panels required?

Also, I'd like to know if I can expect measurable results when modding the
door window as mentioned.

Anyone?
Thanks alot
Helge

Need advice for Project tom Car Audio 7 May 11th 04 09:17 PM
Atlantic Technology advice no longer sought [email protected] Audio Opinions 2 November 29th 03 02:24 PM
"Project Gramophone" discussion group started -- do contribute ... Jon Noring General 0 August 9th 03 03:51 PM
Cascade M20 or Studio project C1 Erik Pro Audio 2 July 7th 03 09:17 PM
Need advice on building project studio Justin Ulysses Morse Pro Audio 1 July 2nd 03 05:06 PM