chord

Default Power Cord recommendation

Want a power cord that is transparent, detatiled and solid imaging.

I have been thinking of the following cables

1. Cardas Golden reference
2. Powersnake sidewinder gold

Anyone can comment on the choice?

Thanks

Trevor Wilson

"chord" wrote in message
Want a power cord that is transparent, detatiled and solid imaging.

I have been thinking of the following cables

1. Cardas Golden reference
2. Powersnake sidewinder gold

Anyone can comment on the choice?

**They're all very expensive and offer no audible difference to a
competently manufactured, 3 buck cord.

Here's some ideas:

* Do a blind test on the cords, to see if you can hear a difference.
* Use the cost of the cord and put towards something which is actually
meaningful. Room treatments, crossover improvements, decent interconnects,
better speakers, etc.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Powell

"chord" wrote

Want a power cord that is transparent, detatiled and solid
imaging.

The net effect is a blacker background (less grain)
and a clearer presentation of music by
removing/suppression of EMI and RFI. With power
amps there may be an additional benefit if your
existing power cord is under-gauged for the
current draw actually needed... 10 and 8 gauge
cords are available options.

Out of the eight or so electrical cords I've tried
only three made any audible difference... then only
on two components. The right cord is worth the
hassle and expense but takes a back seat to
the audible improvement of a power conditioner.

Synergistic Research - A/C Master
http://www.synergisticresearch.com

XLO Reference - Made a difference
http://www.xloelectric.com/programs/...php?category=4

Aural Symphonic - Missing link
http://www.auralsymphonics.com/products.html

Arny Krueger

"Powell" wrote in message

"chord" wrote

Want a power cord that is transparent, detailed and solid
imaging.

The net effect is a blacker background (less grain)
and a clearer presentation of music by
removing/suppression of EMI and RFI.

However, close inspection shows that this does not show up in measurements,
nor does it show up in reliable listening tests.

All well-designed equipment has a subsystem called "a power supply".
Well-designed power supplies have tremendous rejection of all kinds of RFI,
EMI and typical power line disturbances. Ironically this often happens
implicitly. For example, power transformers have tremendous low-pass
filtering built right into them, as do many of the other components of the
power supply. They work better and better as the frequency of the outside
interferance increases!

A good preamp power supply takes a 120 volt AC *signal* and produces DC with
less than 1 millivolt of noise and ripple. This amounts to over 100 dB
attenuation. Perchance a power cord provided an additional 6 dB of
attention, what difference would it make over-all?

Typically, equipment with elaborate RF filtering on the power supply input,
has this feature for the exact opposite purpose than the one suggested here.
It's there to keep EMI and RFI that has been generated inside the equipment
from escaping back into the room.

Any piece of gear with digital signals and/or control circuits has far more
EMI and RFI on the inside than the outside. In the US, that's the law!

With power
amps there may be an additional benefit if your
existing power cord is under-gauged for the
current draw actually needed... 10 and 8 gauge
cords are available options.

As a rule, high-powered amplifiers don't have removable power cords. Again,
close inspection of low-powered amps shows that these alleged benefits do
not show up in measurements, nor do they show up in reliable listening
tests.

Powell

"Arny Krueger" wrote

Want a power cord that is transparent, detailed and solid
imaging.

The net effect is a blacker background (less grain)
and a clearer presentation of music by
removing/suppression of EMI and RFI.

However, close inspection shows that this does not
show up in measurements, nor does it show up in
reliable listening tests.

Quack, quack, quack...

All well-designed equipment has a subsystem called "a power supply".
Well-designed power supplies have tremendous rejection of all kinds of

RFI,
EMI and typical power line disturbances. Ironically this often happens
implicitly. For example, power transformers have tremendous low-pass
filtering built right into them, as do many of the other components of the
power supply. They work better and better as the frequency of the outside
interferance increases!

"All well-designed equipment"... that's the key. Often
times manufactures place a low priority on the power
supply as this is an expensive component part that
does not benefit all users. This is why I believe that
power line conditioners (system approach) offer a better
solution over power cords (piecemeal) alone.

A good preamp power supply takes a 120 volt AC *signal* and produces DC

with
less than 1 millivolt of noise and ripple. This amounts to over 100 dB
attenuation. Perchance a power cord provided an additional 6 dB of
attention, what difference would it make over-all?

"Perchance a power cord"... don't know, never auditioned
one.

Typically, equipment with elaborate RF filtering on the power supply

input,
has this feature for the exact opposite purpose than the one suggested

here.
It's there to keep EMI and RFI that has been generated inside the

equipment
from escaping back into the room.

"Typically"... OSAF. Provide documentation, please.

Any piece of gear with digital signals and/or control circuits has far

more
EMI and RFI on the inside than the outside. In the US, that's the law!

That's nice, I guess. In any case RF/EMI is not a good
thing for high resolution playback.

With power
amps there may be an additional benefit if your
existing power cord is under-gauged for the
current draw actually needed... 10 and 8 gauge
cords are available options.

As a rule, high-powered amplifiers don't have removable
power cords.

What "rule" are you specifically referring to? If you're
making an observation about your own experiences
that would include all electronics across the board, no?

Again, close inspection of low-powered amps shows
that these alleged benefits do not show up in measurements,
nor do they show up in reliable listening tests.

Hehehe.... how would you know, mr. No Experience?

Robert Morein

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Powell" wrote in message

"chord" wrote

[snip]

As a rule, high-powered amplifiers don't have removable power cords.

Again,
close inspection of low-powered amps shows that these alleged benefits do
not show up in measurements, nor do they show up in reliable listening
tests.

Meaning that Arny's collection of cheap 'ol amps don't have them.

My Parasound HCA2200ii's BOTH have removable power cords.

How 'bout that, Mr. Swagger ?

Arny Krueger

"Powell" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote

Want a power cord that is transparent, detailed and solid
imaging.

The net effect is a blacker background (less grain)
and a clearer presentation of music by
removing/suppression of EMI and RFI.

However, close inspection shows that this does not
show up in measurements, nor does it show up in
reliable listening tests.

Quack, quack, quack...

Well Powell we can't see to tell for sure if you walk like duck, but you
sure do sound like a duck!

All well-designed equipment has a subsystem called "a power supply".
Well-designed power supplies have tremendous rejection of all kinds
of RFI, EMI and typical power line disturbances. Ironically this
often happens implicitly. For example, power transformers have
tremendous low-pass filtering built right into them, as do many of
the other components of the power supply. They work better and
better as the frequency of the outside interferance increases!

"All well-designed equipment"... that's the key. Often
times manufactures place a low priority on the power
supply as this is an expensive component part that
does not benefit all users.

Are you talking $9.95 CD players or high end power amps, Powell?

Your claim relates to the $9.95 CD player much better than it relates to the
high end power amp!

This is why I believe that
power line conditioners (system approach) offer a better
solution over power cords (piecemeal) alone.

This ignores the system approach at the regional (city, county) network
level, which generally works just fine.

Why don't you tell us what part of the world has power that is this bad?

A good preamp power supply takes a 120 volt AC *signal* and produces
DC with less than 1 millivolt of noise and ripple. This amounts to
over 100 dB attenuation. Perchance a power cord provided an
additional 6 dB of attention, what difference would it make over-all?

"Perchance a power cord"... don't know, never auditioned one.

Obviously it was over your head Powell. I admit it, I don't relate well to
quacking ducks.

Typically, equipment with elaborate RF filtering on the power supply
input, has this feature for the exact opposite purpose than the one
suggested here. It's there to keep EMI and RFI that has been
generated inside the equipment from escaping back into the room.

"Typically"... OSAF. Provide documentation, please.

I guess you never looked inside your PC's power supply, Powell.

Any piece of gear with digital signals and/or control circuits has
far more EMI and RFI on the inside than the outside. In the US,
that's the law!

That's nice, I guess. In any case RF/EMI is not a good
thing for high resolution playback.

That's why it's long been engineered out of existence.

With power
amps there may be an additional benefit if your
existing power cord is under-gauged for the
current draw actually needed... 10 and 8 gauge
cords are available options.

As a rule, high-powered amplifiers don't have removable
power cords.

What "rule" are you specifically referring to?

As you are prone to say Powell, emperical observation.

If you're
making an observation about your own experiences
that would include all electronics across the board, no?

Just the ones I've seen, Powell.

Again, close inspection of low-powered amps shows
that these alleged benefits do not show up in measurements,
nor do they show up in reliable listening tests.

Hehehe.... how would you know, Mr. No Experience?

I wouldn't know Powell, I'm too well experienced. But, I don't relate well
to quacking ducks, even when I owned two.

Arny Krueger

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Powell" wrote in message

"chord" wrote

[snip]

As a rule, high-powered amplifiers don't have removable power cords.
Again, close inspection of low-powered amps shows that these alleged
benefits do not show up in measurements, nor do they show up in
reliable listening tests.

Meaning that Arny's collection of cheap 'ol amps don't have them.

What collection of cheap old amps might that be? If you are so conversant
with them, why not produce a complete list of them?

My Parasound HCA2200ii's BOTH have removable power cords.

But, they're not really high-powered amps. 220 wpc barely gets you out of
the range of high-powered receivers.

How 'bout that, Mr. Swagger ?

Yawn.

Powell

"Arny Krueger" wrote

But, I don't relate well to quacking ducks, even when
I owned two.

What other farm animals do you "relate to"... jackass,
perhaps ?

Powell

"Arny Krueger" wrote

My Parasound HCA2200ii's BOTH have removable
power cords.

But, they're not really high-powered amps. 220 wpc
barely gets you out of the range of high-powered
receivers.

What does (watts per channel) have to do with
availability of removable power cords?

Arny Krueger

"Powell" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote

My Parasound HCA2200ii's BOTH have removable
power cords.

But, they're not really high-powered amps. 220 wpc
barely gets you out of the range of high-powered
receivers.

What does (watts per channel) have to do with availability of removable

power cords?

You might want to take a look at the relevant IEC standard, which is IEC
60320. Pay particular attention to the maximum current carrying capacity of
the style of plugs we commonly call IEC plugs. Then, put the
current-carrying capacity of what we call IEC plugs into the context of
standard AC power line voltage for small household applicances. See what
size power amp we're really talking about, here.

Powell

"Arny Krueger" wrote

My Parasound HCA2200ii's BOTH have removable
power cords.

But, they're not really high-powered amps. 220 wpc
barely gets you out of the range of high-powered
receivers.

What does (watts per channel) have to do with availability of removable

power cords?

You might want to take a look at the relevant IEC standard, which is IEC
60320. Pay particular attention to the maximum current carrying capacity

of
the style of plugs we commonly call IEC plugs. Then, put the
current-carrying capacity of what we call IEC plugs into the context of
standard AC power line voltage for small household applicances. See what
size power amp we're really talking about, here.

Why, when you didn't make the effort yourself?

Arny Krueger

"Powell" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote

My Parasound HCA2200ii's BOTH have removable
power cords.

But, they're not really high-powered amps. 220 wpc
barely gets you out of the range of high-powered
receivers.

What does (watts per channel) have to do with availability of
removable power cords?

You might want to take a look at the relevant IEC standard, which is
IEC 60320. Pay particular attention to the maximum current carrying
capacity of the style of plugs we commonly call IEC plugs. Then, put
the current-carrying capacity of what we call IEC plugs into the
context of standard AC power line voltage for small household
applicances. See what size power amp we're really talking about,
here.

Why, when you didn't make the effort yourself?

That would be a false claim on your part, Powell.

Lionel

François Yves Le Gal a écrit :

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:10:00 -0400, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

You might want to take a look at the relevant IEC standard, which is IEC
60320.

Which allows for up to 20 A in North America, translating to 20 A x 117 V =
2,34 KVA.. And 16 A in Europe and elsewhere, 16 A x 230 V = 3,68 KVA.

What was your point, Kroo****?

Looking for US "acariens" ?
Robert Morein

=
2,34 KVA.. And 16 A in Europe and elsewhere, 16 A x 230 V = 3,68 KVA.

What was your point, Kroo****?

Thank you for putting Arny in the proper perspective.

Which, I think, is "a moon with a view."

Arny Krueger

wrote:

You might want to take a look at the relevant IEC standard, which is IEC
60320. Pay particular attention to the maximum current carrying capacity

of
the style of plugs we commonly call IEC plugs. Then, put the
current-carrying capacity of what we call IEC plugs into the context of
standard AC power line voltage for small household applicances. See what
size power amp we're really talking about, here.

Which allows for up to 20 A in North America, translating to 20 A x
117 V = 2,34 KVA.. And 16 A in Europe and elsewhere, 16 A x 230 V =
3,68 KVA.

What was your point, Kroo****?

Obviously Frankie, that you can't read since the IEC plugs that carry 20
amps aren't anything like the IEC plugs we were talking about.

Arny Krueger

wrote:

You might want to take a look at the relevant IEC standard, which is IEC
60320. Pay particular attention to the maximum current carrying capacity

of
the style of plugs we commonly call IEC plugs. Then, put the
current-carrying capacity of what we call IEC plugs into the context of
standard AC power line voltage for small household applicances. See what
size power amp we're really talking about, here.

Which allows for up to 20 A in North America, translating to 20 A x
117 V = 2,34 KVA.. And 16 A in Europe and elsewhere, 16 A x 230 V =
3,68 KVA.

What was your point, Kroo****?

Thank you for putting Arny in the proper perspective.

Which, I think, is "a moon with a view."

....another loser who can't read.

Robert Morein

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Powell" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote

My Parasound HCA2200ii's BOTH have removable
power cords.

But, they're not really high-powered amps. 220 wpc
barely gets you out of the range of high-powered
receivers.

What does (watts per channel) have to do with availability of
removable power cords?

You might want to take a look at the relevant IEC standard, which is
IEC 60320. Pay particular attention to the maximum current carrying
capacity of the style of plugs we commonly call IEC plugs. Then, put
the current-carrying capacity of what we call IEC plugs into the
context of standard AC power line voltage for small household
applicances. See what size power amp we're really talking about,
here.

Why, when you didn't make the effort yourself?

That would be a false claim on your part, Powell.

Powell got it right, you pompous fake.

Arny Krueger

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Powell" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote

My Parasound HCA2200ii's BOTH have removable
power cords.

But, they're not really high-powered amps. 220 wpc
barely gets you out of the range of high-powered
receivers.

What does (watts per channel) have to do with availability of
removable power cords?

You might want to take a look at the relevant IEC standard, which
is IEC 60320. Pay particular attention to the maximum current
carrying capacity of the style of plugs we commonly call IEC
plugs. Then, put the current-carrying capacity of what we call IEC
plugs into the context of standard AC power line voltage for small
household applicances. See what size power amp we're really
talking about, here.

Why, when you didn't make the effort yourself?

That would be a false claim on your part, Powell.

Powell got it right, you pompous fake.

Robbie, you're just ****ed because you didn't catch Frankies' malicious
trims of my post.

Lionel

François Yves Le Gal a écrit :

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 20:56:06 +0200, Lionel wrote:

Looking for US "acariens" ?

Having fun, Lionel? You really need to brush-up your trolling...

C'était juste pour rire... :-)

Arny Krueger

wrote:

You might want to take a look at the relevant IEC standard, which is IEC
60320. Pay particular attention to the maximum current carrying capacity

of
the style of plugs we commonly call IEC plugs. Then, put the
current-carrying capacity of what we call IEC plugs into the context of
standard AC power line voltage for small household applicances. See what
size power amp we're really talking about, here.

Obviously Frankie, that you can't read since the IEC plugs that
carry 20 amps aren't anything like the IEC plugs we were talking
about.

Weren't we talinking about IEC 63020, Kroo****?

I specified a little more than just that, Frankie. Like I said, can't you
read what I posted?

IEC 60320 specifies a number of plug connectors, inlets and outlets
ranging from 0.2 for the C1/C2 to 20 A for the C19/C20.

Right, but C19/C20 isn't anything like the style of plugs we commonly call
IEC plugs. BTW as all can see, I specifically referred to those plugs with
those exact same words.

Robert Morein

"François Yves Le Gal" wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 15:33:52 -0400, "Arny Krueger"

wrote:

Robbie, you're just ****ed because you didn't catch Frankies' malicious
trims of my post.

There were none, Kroo****. You've been proven wrong, again.

Why don't you do something useful, such as holding your breath for 20
minutes or so?

It's not holding his breath that's the problem, but to refrain from lying
for that period of time is unbearably stressful for Arny.

Robert Morein

Default Spanking Arny

wrote:

You might want to take a look at the relevant IEC standard, which is

IEC
60320. Pay particular attention to the maximum current carrying

capacity
of
the style of plugs we commonly call IEC plugs. Then, put the
current-carrying capacity of what we call IEC plugs into the context of
standard AC power line voltage for small household applicances. See

what
size power amp we're really talking about, here.

Which allows for up to 20 A in North America, translating to 20 A x
117 V = 2,34 KVA.. And 16 A in Europe and elsewhere, 16 A x 230 V =
3,68 KVA.

What was your point, Kroo****?

Thank you for putting Arny in the proper perspective.

Which, I think, is "a moon with a view."

...another loser who can't read.

Arny protests again at another public spanking witnessed by a couple
thousand lurkers...

It doesn't matter that you cannot comprehend metaphor, Arny. Your bare butt
is receiving steady whacks from Francois and me.

Arny, you are humiliated. It must be hard to block out the pain.

Robert Morein

Default Arny the petty tyrant

"François Yves Le Gal" wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 16:12:37 -0400, "Arny Krueger"

wrote:

Right, but C19/C20 isn't anything like the style of plugs we commonly

call
IEC plugs.

C19/C20 are specified in IEC 63020 and are commonly used for high power
audio equipment, as anyone familiar with audio can attest. OTOH, a Bozo

such
as you who plays with obsolete sound cards in his cellar doesn't.

Watch Arny start with the "LOL" and "ROTFL", and "I told you many times and
will not repeat..."

Stale stuff from a petty tyrant.

Whack! Whack! Whack!
Watch Arny's butt grow red.

Robert Morein

"Paul Dormer" wrote in message
"Robert Morein" emitted :

Watch Arny start with the "LOL" and "ROTFL"

Whenever he says that, he's crying.

It's obvious.

Whack! Whack! Whack!
Watch Arny's butt grow red.

Easy now...

I wanna see some raw hide.

Robert Morein

"Paul Dormer" wrote in message
"Robert Morein" emitted :

It doesn't matter that you cannot comprehend metaphor, Arny. Your bare

butt
is receiving steady whacks from Francois and me.

Are you giving "it" to "him"?

Only if he manifests his secret desire.

Pooh Bear

chord wrote:

Want a power cord that is transparent, detatiled and solid imaging.

I have been thinking of the following cables

1. Cardas Golden reference
2. Powersnake sidewinder gold

Anyone can comment on the choice?

Save your money for something that is actually *capable* of making a
differerence.

Ever stopped to consider that - *even if* a a snake-oil power cord idea
was valid - then what about all the rest of the house and power utility
company wiring ? You can't bypass that !

On the other hand if you suffer from occasional clicks - like when the
fridge comes on - you will probably get some relief from using a
*quality* power filter.

Graham

Pooh Bear

Powell wrote:

"chord" wrote

Want a power cord that is transparent, detatiled and solid
imaging.

The net effect is a blacker background (less grain)
and a clearer presentation of music by
removing/suppression of EMI and RFI.

RFI / EMI is best dealt with by a filter than a snake-oil power cord
that has no filtering capability.

With power
amps there may be an additional benefit if your
existing power cord is under-gauged for the
current draw actually needed...

Not really, the resistance of the power cord simply appears in series
with the power transformer whose resistance will be *very* significantly
higher. Unless you're working live sound level watts ( kW ), the wire
gauge of *any* power cord you're likely to find will be more than
adequate.

Graham

Robert Morein

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message

Powell wrote:

"chord" wrote

Want a power cord that is transparent, detatiled and solid
imaging.

The net effect is a blacker background (less grain)
and a clearer presentation of music by
removing/suppression of EMI and RFI.

RFI / EMI is best dealt with by a filter than a snake-oil power cord
that has no filtering capability.

With power
amps there may be an additional benefit if your
existing power cord is under-gauged for the
current draw actually needed...

Not really, the resistance of the power cord simply appears in series
with the power transformer whose resistance will be *very* significantly
higher. Unless you're working live sound level watts ( kW ), the wire
gauge of *any* power cord you're likely to find will be more than
adequate.

Graham

It's worth getting a 14 gauge power cord of standard construction, nothing
fancy.

Pooh Bear

Robert Morein wrote:

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message

Powell wrote:

"chord" wrote

[...]

I doubt that any equipment I'm responsible for uses anything much smaller -
certainly for amplifiers. I say *doubt* since I normally use mm^2 to describe
conductor sizes like the Rest Of The World - i.e. the little bit that isn't
the USA ;-)

Oh, and on 230V we only need 1/2 the CSA you Americans do anyway !

Graham

Sander deWaal

Pooh Bear said:

On the other hand if you suffer from occasional clicks - like when the
fridge comes on - you will probably get some relief from using a
*quality* power filter.

Some X-rated caps and transzorbs over the mains input will help in
getting rid of static ticks and plops.

--
Sander deWaal
Vacuum Audio Consultancy
Robert Morein

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message
Robert Morein wrote:

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message

Powell wrote:

"chord" wrote

[...]

The standard "computer" power cord is 18 gauge.
At 120 volts, they tend to heat up a bit too much with high bias amps, and
they lose afew volts.
Can one hear it? I don't know.

Pooh Bear

Robert Morein wrote:

The standard "computer" power cord is 18 gauge.
At 120 volts, they tend to heat up a bit too much with high bias amps, and
they lose afew volts.
Can one hear it? I don't know.

Sounds to me like USA practice with cables is to be rather 'skimpy' compared to
us Europeans.

The smallest removable ( IEC ) cable - like a computer cord - typically
available in the Europe market is 1 mm^2 CSA. Couldn't tell you what AWG that
is without referring to a chart.

Graham

Pooh Bear

Sander deWaal wrote:

Pooh Bear said:

On the other hand if you suffer from occasional clicks - like when the
fridge comes on - you will probably get some relief from using a
*quality* power filter.

Some X-rated caps and transzorbs over the mains input will help in
getting rid of static ticks and plops.

The transorbs will certainly clamp any voltage spikes - which helps. The X
caps will always be more effective of course with series inductance - as in
a proper filter.

Graham

Robert Morein

In article ,
"Robert Morein" wrote:

"Paul Dormer" wrote in message
"Robert Morein" emitted :

Watch Arny start with the "LOL" and "ROTFL"

Whenever he says that, he's crying.

It's obvious.

Whack! Whack! Whack!
Watch Arny's butt grow red.

Easy now...

I wanna see some raw hide. My sex life is so pathetic.

Robert Morein

wrote:

Right, but C19/C20 isn't anything like the style of plugs we commonly

call
IEC plugs.

C19/C20 are specified in IEC 63020 and are commonly used for high power
audio equipment, as anyone familiar with audio can attest. OTOH, a Bozo

such
as you who plays with obsolete sound cards in his cellar doesn't.

Watch Arny start with the "LOL" and "ROTFL", and "I told you many times and
will not repeat..."

Stale stuff from a petty tyrant.

Whack! Whack! Whack!
Watch Arny's butt grow red. But not as red as mine. oooooooooooh!!

Robert Morein

In article ,
Paul Dormer wrote:

"Robert Morein" emitted :

It doesn't matter that you cannot comprehend metaphor, Arny. Your bare butt
is receiving steady whacks from Francois and me.

Are you giving "it" to "him"?

--
S i g n a l @ l i n e o n e . n e t

No. But I am getting "it" from "him"
Trevor Wilson

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message
Robert Morein wrote:

The standard "computer" power cord is 18 gauge.
At 120 volts, they tend to heat up a bit too much with high bias amps,

and
they lose afew volts.
Can one hear it? I don't know.

Sounds to me like USA practice with cables is to be rather 'skimpy'

compared to
us Europeans.

The smallest removable ( IEC ) cable - like a computer cord - typically
available in the Europe market is 1 mm^2 CSA. Couldn't tell you what AWG

that
is without referring to a chart.

**You don't need to. A pitifully tiny 5% of the planet's population still
embraces Imperial measurements. They're simply not relevant.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Pooh Bear

Trevor Wilson wrote:

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message

The smallest removable ( IEC ) cable - like a computer cord - typically
available in the Europe market is 1 mm^2 CSA. Couldn't tell you what AWG

that
is without referring to a chart.

**You don't need to. A pitifully tiny 5% of the planet's population still
embraces Imperial measurements. They're simply not relevant.

I wish that were really so. Sadly, much wiring is still specced as AWG simply
because the Yanks *won't* use metric measurements !

Graham