Hallofwiffleball

Default orion speakers

i went into a stereo store and the guy wanted to sell me Orion
which i had never heard of before
i was thinking polk or kenwood because i get half off the 2nd pair on
crutchfield.
Are 4x6 and 6x9 orions for around $100 better than any polk?
this will be with a new kenwood excelon or clarion stereo.
MZ

Did he let you listen to them?

--
Mark
remove "remove" and "spam" to reply

"Hallofwiffleball" wrote in message
i went into a stereo store and the guy wanted to sell me Orion
which i had never heard of before
i was thinking polk or kenwood because i get half off the 2nd pair on
crutchfield.
Are 4x6 and 6x9 orions for around $100 better than any polk?
this will be with a new kenwood excelon or clarion stereo.

KnightRdrX

no......he took them out of the box and put them in my hand
haha
actually i don't think listening to them would help me...i think there's a
difference between listening to them on a wall in a store and hearing them in
your car
MZ

no......he took them out of the box and put them in my hand
haha
actually i don't think listening to them would help me...i think there's a
difference between listening to them on a wall in a store and hearing them

in
your car

That's a very astute observation. The difference is huge. But essentially,
it's the only thing you have to go on right now. If you ask 100 people
whether they like Orion speakers better than Polks, you'll get 40 who say
Polk, 40 who say Orion, and 20 who say they're both junk.

All I can tell you is that both are well-crafted. I haven't heard any of
the newer Polk or newer Orion so I can't judge. I used to love the older
Polk dB series from 7-10 years ago or so. I'm not sure if they resurrected
the design or just the name. Then they came out with that EX crap which
didn't impress me much. I've never much liked Orion's speakers (though I
own an Orion amp), but I've been assured that they've recently revamped
their design.

Also, I've had good luck with both companies in terms of supporting their
products.

Hallofwiffleball

He seemed to be an authorized dealer in Orion..just like the other store i went
to specialized in only Boston Accoustics
Those were the only speakers they wanted to sell me as if they get a bonus for
selling them or something.