WideGlide

Default Rocktron Intellifex - help me identify detached inner piece

I just sold a Rocktron Intellifex multi-effects (black-face) unit in mint
condition. The buyer received the unit and said that there was something
rattling around inside the unit. I asked him to open the lid and check it
out. He says that there is a clear plastic piece, flat, about 3/4" X 3/4",
that is completely detached... so he removed it. So now the goal is to
figure out what this flat plastic piece is, and where it belongs. The unit
is currently functioning perfectly. If it can be determined that this
plastic piece is not important, then he can just throw it away. Even for
those who may not be familiar with the Intellifex, can you perhaps identify
this piece? Might it be some type of common shield, or? I am not too
familiar with electronics, so I wouldn't know. I have seen some heat sinks
fall off on other units and know what they look like, but not sure what the
purpose of a flat thin clear plastic piece would be. If anyone happens to
have photos of the guts of a black-face Intellifex, I'd love to see them.
Thanks.

Mondoslug1

Eagle wrote:

[...]

The Clear Plastic cover over the LED fell off on my Intellifex but those
weren't the dimensions.

Tunes at:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/andymostmusic.htm

Bob Olhsson

"WideGlide" wrote in message
et...
... the goal is to
figure out what this flat plastic piece is, and where it belongs.

These guys would know!

http://www.isptechnologies.com/heade...ction=AboutISP

ISP Technologies
5499 Perry Drive, Suite Q
Waterford, MI 48329
Phone: (248) 673 - 7790
Fax: (248) 673 - 7696

--
Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051 http://www.hyperback.com

Todd

Weirdest dang thing
I just got a Rocktron Intellifex shipped to me today, and guess what!!!
It had a rattling noise!
I popped the top and out dropped this little 3/4 x 3/4 hunk of plastic.

Strange!

Todd

"WideGlide" wrote in message
et...
[...]

Nate West

It might be one of the 1/4" Jack Cover tops. Here is an example, although
the kind I'm think of the plastic piece slides off the top.
http://www.cui.com/adtemplate.asp?in...bcatky2=875010

The jacks are those
"WideGlide" wrote in message
et...
I just sold a Rocktron Intellifex multi-effects (black-face) unit in mint
condition. The buyer received the unit and said that there was something
rattling around inside the unit.

WideGlide

Weirdest dang thing - I just got a Rocktron Intellifex shipped to me
today, and guess what!!! It had a rattling noise! I popped the top and out
dropped this little 3/4 x 3/4 hunk of plastic. Strange! Todd
-------------------------

Interesting. Well, I sold my Intellifex to a guy named Jeff (not Todd). I
guess whatever this plastic piece is, it is very susceptible to coming
loose. I'd just love to know if it's an important part, or if it can just
be thrown away. The buyer is extremely happy with the unit, the unit is
dead mint, functions and sounds perfect, it's just this little piece that
apparently became loose that is bothering us. The buyer is concerned that
the unit might possibly suffer a problem down the road due to a long term
effect caused by the absence of this little plastic piece. Neither him or I
are electronics wizards, so... hopefully we can figure this out quickly and
easily, otherwise I will need to have the unit shipped to a professional
repair shop... but it seems like it might be overkill to go through such
motions when all we may be dealing with here is just some insignificant
little plastic cover that has perhaps no important purpose. If it is a
"cover" for a 1/4" jack module, then it is indeed insignificant. I guess I
need to get my hands on one of these blackface Intellifex units and have a
peek inside.