Randy

Default Infinity speaker problem or wiring problem

I have a 93 Plymouth Voyager with infinity sound system. I replaced
the Infinity radio that went bad with a Pioneer EHP4700MP. The dash
speakers work but sound barely comes out of the rear speakers and
nothing from the door speakers.
I used a wiring harness and put the blue/white radio wire to the blue
wire on harness. I put the radio ground wire and black/green wire(amp
ground wire?) (that was grouned to old radio) to the grounding strap.
Can some one please tell me what the problem might be. thanks, Randy

joe.ker

That vehicle uses a factory amp for the door speakers and it sounds like it
is not turning on. On the end of Black factory speaker harness Is a
Green/orange wire (that is the color of most) that is the factory amp
turn-on wire. the blue/white on the new radio should go to that wire to turn
on the factory amp.

"Randy" wrote in message
I have a 93 Plymouth Voyager with infinity sound system. I replaced
the Infinity radio that went bad with a Pioneer EHP4700MP. The dash
speakers work but sound barely comes out of the rear speakers and
nothing from the door speakers.
I used a wiring harness and put the blue/white radio wire to the blue
wire on harness. I put the radio ground wire and black/green wire(amp
ground wire?) (that was grouned to old radio) to the grounding strap.
Can some one please tell me what the problem might be. thanks, Randy

Randy

My wire is green/red to the (G)or(7) on the black plug. Which on the
harness is blue so that is correct. Where does that wire go to so I
can check it for power? I used a +-test light at the connection and it
was getting power there. Thank you for help so far.
On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 00:26:32 GMT, "joe.ker"
wrote:

That vehicle uses a factory amp for the door speakers and it sounds like it
is not turning on. On the end of Black factory speaker harness Is a
Green/orange wire (that is the color of most) that is the factory amp
turn-on wire. the blue/white on the new radio should go to that wire to turn
on the factory amp.

"Randy" wrote in message
.. .
I have a 93 Plymouth Voyager with infinity sound system. I replaced
the Infinity radio that went bad with a Pioneer EHP4700MP. The dash
speakers work but sound barely comes out of the rear speakers and
nothing from the door speakers.
I used a wiring harness and put the blue/white radio wire to the blue
wire on harness. I put the radio ground wire and black/green wire(amp
ground wire?) (that was grouned to old radio) to the grounding strap.
Can some one please tell me what the problem might be. thanks, Randy

joe.ker

that factory amp should have a separate fuse from the head unit fuse, check
and make sure that is ok.
What went wrong with the factory radio? try checking all the fuses, there
may even be some under the hood near the battery.

wrote:

That vehicle uses a factory amp for the door speakers and it sounds like
it
is not turning on. On the end of Black factory speaker harness Is a
Green/orange wire (that is the color of most) that is the factory amp
turn-on wire. the blue/white on the new radio should go to that wire to
turn
on the factory amp.

"Randy" wrote in message
. ..
I have a 93 Plymouth Voyager with infinity sound system. I replaced
the Infinity radio that went bad with a Pioneer EHP4700MP. The dash
speakers work but sound barely comes out of the rear speakers and
nothing from the door speakers.
I used a wiring harness and put the blue/white radio wire to the blue
wire on harness. I put the radio ground wire and black/green wire(amp
ground wire?) (that was grouned to old radio) to the grounding strap.
Can some one please tell me what the problem might be. thanks, Randy

Randy

The old radio started making a lot of sreeching wierd noise. After a
few days I tuned it on and worked fine for awhile. Month later started
doing same again then it would not turn on. A week or so later it
turned on and stations did not sound right, alot of noise. Went to
turn it off and it would not shut off.Turned van off and then it would
not come on again at all.
I think I may need a speaker relay that is under the dash but I don't
know where. I could not find any other fuses.
On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 23:24:23 GMT, "joe.ker"
wrote:

that factory amp should have a separate fuse from the head unit fuse, check
and make sure that is ok.
What went wrong with the factory radio? try checking all the fuses, there
may even be some under the hood near the battery.

.. .

"Randy" wrote in message
I have a 93 Plymouth Voyager with infinity sound system. I replaced
the Infinity radio that went bad with a Pioneer EHP4700MP. The dash
speakers work but sound barely comes out of the rear speakers and
nothing from the door speakers.
I used a wiring harness and put the blue/white radio wire to the blue
wire on harness. I put the radio ground wire and black/green wire(amp
ground wire?) (that was grouned to old radio) to the grounding strap.
Can some one please tell me what the problem might be. thanks, Randy

joe.ker

It may be that the factory amp to the door speakers is what went bad. Your
best bet from here would be to try running wires from the door speakers
straight to the head unit

wrote:

that factory amp should have a separate fuse from the head unit fuse,
check
and make sure that is ok.
What went wrong with the factory radio? try checking all the fuses, there
may even be some under the hood near the battery.

. ..

"Randy" wrote in message
m...
I have a 93 Plymouth Voyager with infinity sound system. I replaced
the Infinity radio that went bad with a Pioneer EHP4700MP. The dash
speakers work but sound barely comes out of the rear speakers and
nothing from the door speakers.
I used a wiring harness and put the blue/white radio wire to the blue
wire on harness. I put the radio ground wire and black/green wire(amp
ground wire?) (that was grouned to old radio) to the grounding strap.
Can some one please tell me what the problem might be. thanks, Randy

Randy

Well I found the problem. Here is the fix if someone does a search. I
bet your cigarette lighter does not work also. Change the fuse it also
powers the infinity aplified speakers at least in a Caravan or Voyager
mini van.