Sennheiser MD421U5 VS Sennheiser MD421-II

Old March 11th 04, 06:10 PM
Raymond

Default Sennheiser MD421U5 VS Sennheiser MD421-II

Is there any difference?
Old March 11th 04, 06:30 PM

In article >,
Raymond > wrote:
>Is there any difference?

Yes. The top end on the new one is definitely more pronounced.
Old March 11th 04, 11:04 PM
Ty Ford

In Article >,
(Raymond) wrote:
>Is there any difference?

Yes, quite a bit. The review is on my site.

Regards,

Ty Ford
For Ty Ford V/O demos, audio services and equipment reviews,
click on
http://www.jagunet.com/~tford

Old March 12th 04, 12:35 AM
Arjan P

Scott Dorsey wrote:
>> Is there any difference?

> Yes. The top end on the new one is definitely more pronounced. --scott

Mmh, makes me wonder about my MD421s. I have one MD421HL (gray one with
small connector and three position rotary switch) and two MD421U4s, which
have XLR and five position EQ switch. Bought them used, years ago, and
can't tell a difference between them sonically (when switched the same). I
take it they all would be considered 'old ones' but would there be more
differences in those two types?

Luck, Arjan

--
----Real email: news then at then soundbyte then dot then nl----

Old March 12th 04, 07:10 AM
Raymond

Ty wrote

>Yes, quite a bit. The review is on my site.

Thanks TY, I copied and pasted the review to my note's for reference.
Old March 12th 04, 01:22 PM

Arjan P > wrote:
>Scott Dorsey wrote:
>>> Is there any difference?

>> Yes. The top end on the new one is definitely more pronounced. --scott

>Mmh, makes me wonder about my MD421s. I have one MD421HL (gray one with
>small connector and three position rotary switch) and two MD421U4s, which
>have XLR and five position EQ switch. Bought them used, years ago, and
>can't tell a difference between them sonically (when switched the same). I
>take it they all would be considered 'old ones' but would there be more
>differences in those two types?

No, those all sound the same. But the II sounds different.