MikeK

Default So many choices...S12L7 or pair of RFD2212 Subwoofers??

I'm looking to add a little thump to my 95' Nissan Maxima. I've read
plenty of posts about the Kicker S12L7 subs and how "awesome" they
are. I'm debating between purchasing 1 Kicker S12L7 or a pair of
Fosgate RFD2212. I'm still shopping for an amp as well but I've got
my eye on a used Alpine MRV-1507.

Based on this info which subs will give me the biggest BANG for my
buck?

Thanks!!

Paul Vina

If you have the power and you want all out bass, it is hard to beat the
Kicker. Granted, maybe not tops in SQ but, they can hold their own with
anybody in SPL.

But it'll be near impossible for a single 12L7 to keep up with a pair of RF
12's because of the extra cone area. You can get mid to upper 140's from a
single 12L7 in a large ported box and a few dB's more from the pair of RF's
in a large ported box. I would do the Solo because the box will be smaller
and you won't lose much output. But ultimately the pair of RF's will be
louder.

Paul Vina

MikeK

Thanks for the input!

I'm going to start hunting down a S12L7. I like the idea of a smaller box
in my trunk.

Thanks again,
Mikek