Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Charles H. Riggs, III

Default The Opposite Of A 10db Pad

Dear fellow audiophiles,

I'm looking for the opposite of a 10db pad for my unidirectional ECM-66B
lavalier mike. Its output turns out to be quite a bit lower than is ideal
for the Edirol R-1 recorder's mic input, averaging about 10db lower than is
ideal for good SN/R, even with the R-1's input volume set to maximum!

Don't know whether such an animal exists, but I figured this would be a
good place to ask. If a really tiny very portable 10db gain doohinky thingy
doesn't even exist, I'd be open to other suggested solutions. Thanks much.

Cheers,

Charles

+4db -10db soundcard 0db mixer LS Pro Audio 4 October 6th 04 02:26 PM
+4db -10db soundcard 0db mixer LS Pro Audio 0 October 6th 04 01:49 AM
Looking for schematic to build a -10db to +4dbu converter TonyP Pro Audio 1 August 6th 04 01:32 PM
Opposite of Mu-law? Curious Tech 146 May 25th 04 11:32 PM
+4 or -10dB - What line level do I shoot for on the meters?? Scott Dorsey Pro Audio 4 July 9th 03 05:36 PM