Posted to uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,alt.music.mp3.hardware,alt.music.mp3
Keith G Keith G is offline

Default Advice needed - Looking for software to batch level adjust MP3 files

"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote in message
newsMGsg.18840$LS6.8645@trnddc03...

"Mr.T" MrT@home wrote in message

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Back in the LP days, it was all manual, and you had to put "PLAY THIS
RECORD AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE" in the liner notes.

????

LP's used compression the same as most CD's. In fact the need for
compression was greater because of the limited dynamic range. Just
because
mastering engineers have lost their way these days is irrelevant to the
technical necessities.
Not only that, but with LP you *could* push the peak cutting levels
higher
than RIAA recommendations as well. It's *impossible* to push peak CD
levels
higher than Dfs though.

MrT.

Careful, Mr. T.... you're preaching to the only guy on the r.a.p. who is
still making LP record masters in his basement. ;-)

Don't let Banzai Plowie (ukra) hear that - he's only hanging on by a thread
and that could be the news that tips him over the edge!! :-)

Posted to uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,alt.music.mp3.hardware,alt.music.mp3
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Keith G wrote:
"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote in message
"Mr.T" MrT@home wrote in message
Not only that, but with LP you *could* push the peak cutting levels
higher than RIAA recommendations as well.

Careful, Mr. T.... you're preaching to the only guy on the r.a.p. who is
still making LP record masters in his basement. ;-)

Don't let Banzai Plowie (ukra) hear that - he's only hanging on by a thread
and that could be the news that tips him over the edge!! :-)

Well, we're still moving... the lathe is now in the new back room and the
cement for the pad is just setting, but I hope to be back to cutting in another
couple weeks. Getting the monitoring system to sound symmetric is the first
order of the day, not to mention getting the last two cabinets of junk out
of the old place...

Posted to uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,alt.music.mp3.hardware,alt.music.mp3
Keith G Keith G is offline

Keith G wrote:
[...]

Wake up Martin - that should surely be a capital 'S'...???

Posted to uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,alt.music.mp3.hardware,alt.music.mp3

"Scott Dorsey" wrote ...
Well, we're still moving... the lathe is now in the new back room and
the
cement for the pad is just setting, but I hope to be back to cutting
in another
couple weeks. Getting the monitoring system to sound symmetric is the
first
order of the day, not to mention getting the last two cabinets of junk
out
of the old place...

Hope you're taking pictures? This is a rare, historic event.
Can you post them somewhere? Flickr works pretty good (free).