kcb559

Default My First Digital Recorder---Help!

Have been in music all my life, played professionally for 20 years but
never have entered the world of home recording except for
singing/playing into the mic of a cassette recorder. Have some songs
I want to lay down for posterity. My budget for recording equipment
is in the $700-$900 range. I've pretty much narrowed it down to a
Tascam 788 8-Track Recording Kit (includes CD burner), the Fostex
VF80EX with CD burner and the Fostex VF160EX 16-track with CD burner.
Which is the best bang for the buck and the most user-friendly? I've
priced the VF80 at $700, the Tascam 788 at $779 and the VF160EX at
$820---only $120 difference between the cheapest and the most
expensive. Input most appreciated. Help me out here.
-KCB