Marty Beckwith

Default Using Factory Amp with new Head Unit

I have a Kenwood KDC-X659 Deck that I had installed in my 96 Ford Explorer
Eddie Bauer. The installer said he couldn't use the factory amp with the
deck, so now I'm using the power from the deck to drive the speakers. My
problem is that the factory stereo has a JBL amp with a sub which is now
inoperable. Does anyone know of a way to use the factory amp with the new
deck? The only other alternative is to replace the Sub and amps etc $$$$$$$

Thanks,

Marty

Kevin Glass

I don't really know how they have it wired in your car, but in my Acura 2000
3.2TL there was a factory amp. Whether the amp is getting its inputs by
RCAs, or by even plain speaker wiring it is always possible to convert the
two and make them match. Check the inputs on the amp if you can, and look
at the factory stereo and see what kind of outputs it has on it, and your
best bet, just hook it to the existing wiring that is there, which probably
goes to the amp. Mine did.

"Marty Beckwith" wrote in message
I have a Kenwood KDC-X659 Deck that I had installed in my 96 Ford Explorer
Eddie Bauer. The installer said he couldn't use the factory amp with the
deck, so now I'm using the power from the deck to drive the speakers. My
problem is that the factory stereo has a JBL amp with a sub which is now
inoperable. Does anyone know of a way to use the factory amp with the new
deck? The only other alternative is to replace the Sub and amps etc

$$$$$$$

Thanks,

Marty