Posted to rec.audio.tubes
tubegarden tubegarden is offline

Default NOS tubes in A7 amps

Hi RATs!

My A7 herd arrived with OOS (old old stock) tubes installed. I put in
NOS RCA 12A6 a few days ago. Today, NOS Tung Sol 12SN7.

These amp kits were worth every bit of the $18. they cost new, in 1956

The 'SN7 are Sept 1953 military.

The Music is timeless, even if rhythmical.

Happy Ears!
Al

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
tubegarden tubegarden is offline

Hi RATs!

OK, the rectifier replacements arrived: a clean used pair (not matched,
sigh) of RCA 5Y3-GT.

Couple hours later, I am not sure anything is better, except my
feelings of total control

Dracula, the soundtrack, is pretty dull, but, the noises have moments,
or movement, whatever.

How is one pair of ears able to recognize Heaven?

Can't be done. In Paradise, Music is just the dance the air does, all
the time.

In Hell, you get good sound, but ,it is all sick elephant farts ...
which sound pretty much healthy, but, Then, you try to breathe ...

Happy Ears!
Al

FS here before eBay... rare tube amps, NOS tubes; RCA 7591a, Amperex 6DJ8, RCA 5682, etc etc. firedome Vacuum Tubes 0 October 30th 06 07:32 PM
replacing tubes lee Vacuum Tubes 17 February 8th 06 05:21 PM
A Strawman, Constructed and Destroyed-Williamson's Folly? [email protected] Vacuum Tubes 48 July 22nd 05 08:09 PM
Which 6550 for SVT reissue? roger Vacuum Tubes 172 February 29th 04 10:38 PM
Lots Of Great Audio Tubes For Sale! Jim McShane Marketplace 0 November 21st 03 02:05 PM