Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

Default Mesa OPT rewind in the UK?

Hi,

can anyone recommend someone in the UK that can re-wind a Mesa Boogie OPT?
Its from a Stereo Simul Class 2-90, so I guess a rewind is required rather
than a substitute or the horribly expensive new one from Mesa Boogie.

Thanks,

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

"Gareth Magennis"

can anyone recommend someone in the UK that can re-wind a Mesa Boogie OPT?
Its from a Stereo Simul Class 2-90, so I guess a rewind is required rather
than a substitute or the horribly expensive new one from Mesa Boogie.

** Having an OT rewound professionally normally winds up costing MORE than
buying a spare.

Stop guessing like a ****wit and go check on the prices.

......... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

Default Bret Ludwig = Criminal Psychopath

" Bret Ludwig ****ing CRIMINAL MORON "

Mesa Engineering has a patent on Simul-Class (which you should review)
though it may have run out.

** Not worth two cents outside the USA.

Not worth much more inside it either - LOL !!!

For the idly curious, here is a schem of the ridiculous "simul-class" POS:

http://www.tubefreak.com/2901.gif

If you can phase out a good one to get the
impedance ratios of the "taps" as well as other parms or have the old
one demated some winder probably well as long as you don't specify what
it's out of, if it's still under patent protection.

** The OP wants to get a Boogie tranny REWOUND

- NOT make one, ****HEAD !!!!!!!

Keeping in mind the fact this is a expensive "boutique" item obtaining
a factory replacement is probably worth a premium over a local wind
unless they can make it look identical.

** The OP wants to get a Boogie tranny REWOUND

- NOT make one, ****HEAD !!!!!!!

The MI industry works on the "A-B-C mark" structure meaning the
customer can get a buttplugging on replacement parts, especially
overseas customers. You might make a "trade enquiry" to some US service
centers to see what kind of deal they may make.

** Totally ****ING ASININE , as always.

**** the VILE, totally ASD ****ed, schizophrenic PIG off TO HELL !!

......... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message
Hi,

can anyone recommend someone in the UK that can re-wind a Mesa Boogie OPT?
Its from a Stereo Simul Class 2-90, so I guess a rewind is required rather
than a substitute or the horribly expensive new one from Mesa Boogie.

Thanks,

Gareth.

Thanks guys for the entertainment and information. I'll go buy a new one
then.

Gareth.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
David R Brooks David R Brooks is offline

Bret Ludwig wrote:
Gareth Magennis wrote:
Hi,

can anyone recommend someone in the UK that can re-wind a Mesa Boogie OPT?
Its from a Stereo Simul Class 2-90, so I guess a rewind is required rather
than a substitute or the horribly expensive new one from Mesa Boogie.

Mesa Engineering has a patent on Simul-Class (which you should review)
though it may have run out. If you can phase out a good one to get the
impedance ratios of the "taps" as well as other parms or have the old
one demated some winder probably well as long as you don't specify what
it's out of, if it's still under patent protection.

Question: does a patent prevent me from *repairing*, as opposed to
manufacturing the part from new? After all, the patentee has been paid,
when the part was originally sold.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

"David R Brooks"
Bret Ludwig Raving Lunatic wrote:
Gareth Magennis wrote:

can anyone recommend someone in the UK that can re-wind a Mesa Boogie
OPT?
Its from a Stereo Simul Class 2-90, so I guess a rewind is required
rather
than a substitute or the horribly expensive new one from Mesa Boogie.

Mesa Engineering has a patent on Simul-Class (which you should review)
though it may have run out. If you can phase out a good one to get the
impedance ratios of the "taps" as well as other parms or have the old
one demated some winder probably well as long as you don't specify what
it's out of, if it's still under patent protection.

Question: does a patent prevent me from *repairing*, as opposed to
manufacturing the part from new?

** The existence of a patent covering a circuit arrangement has ZERO
influence on anyone carrying out **repair work** to an item made and sold
by the company holding the patent.

In this case, it is a typically shonky US patent ( not worth the paper it is
written on) and in any case has no possible legal standing outside of the
USA.

Anyone in the rest of the world can legally make and sell amps incorporating
the " simul-class" idea - but why would they bother ?

The original OT can be rewound or a clone made by anyone living anywhere -
in order to effect a repair on a Boogie amp.

Bewa

Ludwig is a dangerous mental defective - good thing it is so damn obvious.