Harvey Gerst

Default A chicken-**** trick - Resolved

I just got a call from Andy at Goodnight Audio. He said his webmaster George
did this without Andy's knowledge or consent and he agreed this was not a good
career move for Goodnight Audio. He has just relinked it to where it now
automatically directs people to: http://wwww.ITRstudio.com, our website.

Andy apologized profusely for George's behaviour and said he had received a ton
of emails explaining why his original website trick was a bad idea.

Thank you to everybody for your support and suggestions.

Harvey Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio
http://www.ITRstudio.com/
Kalle

I just got a call from Andy at Goodnight Audio. He said his webmaster
George
did this without Andy's knowledge or consent and he agreed this was not a

good
career move for Goodnight Audio. He has just relinked it to where it now
automatically directs people to: http://wwww.ITRstudio.com, our website.

This was what I said in my email to him...I stated that trusted that it
wasn't his idea and that I'm sure that now that the thing was brought to his
attention he'd do something about it.

Glad the case got solved.

Kalle

Bryson

Kalle wrote:
I just got a call from Andy at Goodnight Audio. He said his webmaster

George

did this without Andy's knowledge or consent and he agreed this was not a

good

career move for Goodnight Audio. He has just relinked it to where it now
automatically directs people to: http://wwww.ITRstudio.com, our website.

This was what I said in my email to him...I stated that trusted that it
wasn't his idea and that I'm sure that now that the thing was brought to his
attention he'd do something about it.

Glad the case got solved.

Kalle

So you gave him the "out".
Kalle

So you gave him the "out".

Yeah, I guess I did. It was the best I could do for him

Kalle

Ricky W. Hunt

"Harvey Gerst" wrote in message
I just got a call from Andy at Goodnight Audio. He said his webmaster

George
did this without Andy's knowledge or consent and he agreed this was not a

good
career move for Goodnight Audio. He has just relinked it to where it now
automatically directs people to: http://wwww.ITRstudio.com, our website.

Andy apologized profusely for George's behaviour and said he had received

a ton
of emails explaining why his original website trick was a bad idea.

Thank you to everybody for your support and suggestions.

Congratulations Harvey. Sadly, you're not the only victim of this crap:
http://www.internetweek.com/allStori...cleID=45200027

Pooh Bear

"Ricky W. Hunt" wrote:

Congratulations Harvey. Sadly, you're not the only victim of this crap:
http://www.internetweek.com/allStori...cleID=45200027

There have been recent instances of 'internet blackmail' by criminals using
denial of service attacks to cripple online betting sites at peak times. You
pay them and they stop attacking your site is their business model.

I think there's now been ( at least ? ) one conviction - although may have been
tricky since these guys tend to be based in Russia or whatever.

Graham

J&L

Its a dirty business. Thanks for letting me know its working! GNA!!!!!

Mike Rivers

In article XDPXc.245384$eM2.161851@attbi_s51 writes:

Congratulations Harvey. Sadly, you're not the only victim of this crap:
http://www.internetweek.com/allStori...cleID=45200027

This describes denial-of-service attacks, which is something different
than what happened with itrstudio.com. In a DOS attack, you just keep
sending so much crap to the system that legitimate traffic can't get
through. Still nasty business.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )
mr c deckard

"J&L" wrote in message news:l%VXc.154912$sh.11321@fed1read06...
Its a dirty business. Thanks for letting me know its working! GNA!!!!!

oooh, these people were born to be ont he receiving end of litigation . . .

cheers,
chrisdeckard
saintlouismo
Harvey Gerst

Well, there's been an interesting development. Andy (the owner of Goodnight
Audio) said he'd make sure that their new URL (http://www.itrstudios.com) would
be set to re-direct people to our actual website (http://www.itrstudio.com), and
for a day, it did.

But apparently, George, their webmaster, decided that the $18 that he spent (to
register the name for two years) was too valuable to give to a competitor, so he
just parked the page at the web registering site, with no re-direct to us,
contrary to what Andy had promised me would be done. I hate this kind of petty
****. I even offered to pay the 18 bucks to have it transferred to me.

I've left a phone message for Andy asking for an explanation, so I guess I'll
just wait and see what happens.

Harvey Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio
http://www.ITRstudio.com/

Nil

On 29 Aug 2004, Harvey Gerst wrote in
:

Well, there's been an interesting development. Andy (the owner of
Goodnight Audio) said he'd make sure that their new URL
(http://www.itrstudios.com) would be set to re-direct people to
our actual website (http://www.itrstudio.com), and for a day, it
did.

As of about 9:30 PM Eastern time on Sunday, both urls point to your
site, at least for me.
Harvey Gerst

Nil wrote:

Harvey Gerst wrote:

Well, there's been an interesting development. Andy (the owner of
Goodnight Audio) said he'd make sure that their new URL
(http://www.itrstudios.com) would be set to re-direct people to
our actual website (http://www.itrstudio.com), and for a day, it
did.

As of about 9:30 PM Eastern time on Sunday, both urls point to your
site, at least for me.

Yeah, I called them again and said that's not what we agreed to. Finally got it
changed. We'll see if it sticks.

Harvey Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio
http://www.ITRstudio.com/
Roger W. Norman

Still does, for me. Maybe it's cached.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

Nil wrote:

Harvey Gerst wrote:

Well, there's been an interesting development. Andy (the owner of
Goodnight Audio) said he'd make sure that their new URL
(http://www.itrstudios.com) would be set to re-direct people to
our actual website (http://www.itrstudio.com), and for a day, it
did.

As of about 9:30 PM Eastern time on Sunday, both urls point to your
site, at least for me.

Yeah, I called them again and said that's not what we agreed to. Finally

got it
changed. We'll see if it sticks.

Harvey Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio
http://www.ITRstudio.com/

Harvey Gerst

"Roger W. Norman" wrote:

Still does, for me. Maybe it's cached.

It's been redirected to our site. Hopefully, this time it will stay.

Harvey Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio
http://www.ITRstudio.com/

Peter Larsen

"Roger W. Norman" wrote:

Still does, for me. Maybe it's cached.

DNS caching should not matter in case the DNS record points to the
parked domain and the parked domain does the redirect. The _resolution_
is however to transfer the right to the domain name to Harvey and then
to have the DNS record point to his site, the redirect is just a
temporary kludge.

Roger W. Norman

Kind regards

Peter Larsen