srzcat

Default Terk XM Commander - Opinions?

Hi, I'm thinking of buying a Terk XM Commander
from Good Guys this Christmas. They're selling
it online for $159.99 no tax, no shipping and it
comes with the antenna. I've never seen on in
person. Does anyone out there have one of these
and can offer some opinions like:
- Overall quality...does it seem like a well made
piece of gear?
- How solid do the buttons and knobs seem?
With reasonable use do you think it'll last?
- Is the display backlit and what color? It is
easy to read in full daylight or darkest night?
(i.e. good contrast).
- Sound quality using the FM modulator? I have a
Pioneer unit myself and I'm not overwhelmed with
the sound quality (it is *NOT* as good as a CD...
yes, it's crystal clear, but the sound dynamic
range is just not there. Though I've gotten
used to it and generally enjoy it, plus of course
the content and playing ANYWHERE is super great)
- How fat is the control panel? I assume you mount
it somewhere on your dash using sticky tape or
velcro. Where does the cord come out?

Thanks, I appreciate any and all input. Perhaps others
will, too, as I did a search on Google groups and
did not find any posts on this product.

Opinions?? - Help With Selecting Receiver M. Mutt General 2 May 9th 04 01:04 PM
Athena Point 5 System Opinions Patrick Castelvecchi General 1 January 9th 04 05:51 PM
Opinions wanted on Hifonics Brutus 1500D Paul Vina Car Audio 4 October 21st 03 07:25 PM
Vibe CBR 12 Opinions Nona Car Audio 1 August 30th 03 01:46 AM
I need help with the Eclipse Commander. Profe§a Car Audio 2 August 28th 03 11:09 PM