tony.r

Default cooling fan for guitar amp

Hi guys
It gets hot in Australia also and I have researched a solution.
The old Fender amps had power plugs in the back of them and if you look at
old films like
"Woodstock the movie" you can see that they used these plugs to power big
freestanding fans.

Why use tiny little fans in hot weather or hot conditions when you can place
a big fan behind your gear. Keep your equipment and yourself cool.

tony.r
http://www.ncable.com.au/~tony.r/

Steve Eaton

"tony.r" spambam@aussie wrote in message
Hi guys
It gets hot in Australia also and I have researched a solution.
The old Fender amps had power plugs in the back of them and if you look at
old films like
"Woodstock the movie" you can see that they used these plugs to power big
freestanding fans.

Why use tiny little fans in hot weather or hot conditions when you can

place
a big fan behind your gear. Keep your equipment and yourself cool.

tony.r
http://www.ncable.com.au/~tony.r/

I mounted a 6" AC powered muffin fan in my Vibrosonic Reverb,
I just plugged it into the Convenience outlet when I used it.
I don't know that it really helped much though, I never burnt
anything up with or without the fan.

Gtski

"tony.r" spambam@aussie wrote in message
Hi guys
It gets hot in Australia also and I have researched a solution.
The old Fender amps had power plugs in the back of them and if you look at
old films like
"Woodstock the movie" you can see that they used these plugs to power big
freestanding fans.

Why use tiny little fans in hot weather or hot conditions when you can

place
a big fan behind your gear. Keep your equipment and yourself cool.

tony.r
http://www.ncable.com.au/~tony.r/

Well... of course. Then again, why even plug the 'big fans' into the amp..?
?
Just plug them into an outlet. There should be plenty of outlets
around...eh.. ? ?

One of the drummers I gig with has his OWN power strip and four fans, two of
which have big 'clips' on them to clip here and there. He has all these fans
blowin on him to keep HIM cool..! ! ! (he IS a hot drummer...! ! )

It would be easy enough to use a small 'clip-on' fan, clip it onto the back
of the amp, the handle, or the back of a combo,
and plug it into any available outlet. Aim the fan at the area of the
amp to be cooled.

Of course this might not be the fix for a closed back cab/combo... and
while not that 'elegant', it may be plenty effective.

I have a fan that I use in my garage on hot summer days. It's about 5" in
dia.
and on the end of a 'flex' mount, with a spring-clip for a 'base'. I can
clip
it on to most anything and bend/twist it to move air where I want.

Just my 5 centimes...

gtski