still learning

W wrote:

was raised in Holland..but what on earth do you mean by voucher
type?

The government passes out money or vouchers for money and the parents
send their kids to the shcool of their choice. This is how it was
explained to me. Can't remember now if was something I read or heard,
please correct any misconception on my part. I understand other
European countries have something similar.

The Dutch are well trained in math etc, with the world's best
highschools (with Japan, typically).

The Japanese bust their ass with extra tutoring as well from what I
hear.

The TU Delft is also excellent.

There's only so much blue I can stand. I do miss ny ex-wife's dad
making olly bolla ever year for the holidays.

The Dutch also spend the most money per capita on audio of any
country.
Not sure what there is to explain here, but yes, we're damn smart

But lotsa great audio engineering goes on elsewhee too of course!

You can keep the Double Zota Drop (sp?). Blech!

oliebollen en dubbel zoute drop!
Acquired tastes, not unlike spicy food...

No voucher are ahdned out though...highschool i simply both free and
mandatory. Of which there are 4 levels, depending the students
strengths and ambitions.

And the Delft's blue tiles I have to bring to my american mother in
law next time ; ) (with a windmill etc..)

On 11 Apr 2005 23:32:56 -0700, "still learning"
wrote:

W wrote:

[...]

still learning

W sez:

oliebollen en dubbel zoute drop!
Acquired tastes, not unlike spicy food...

Oliebollen is a much easier one to aquire.

My ex-wife and I went to the beach with some other families and their
kids. The kids saw her eating dubbel zoute drop and were so very
disappointed when they tried it.

I guess the difference in tastes between Zaandam and L.A. are wide when
it comes to salted snacks. :-)