Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ricky Hunt Ricky Hunt is offline

Default Need Peterson Tuners Reviews

What is the general "best" Peterson for all around tuning (especially
guitars)? I'm a paraplegic so foot capabilities are not a big plusses for
me. Hardware only.

--
Thanks,
Ricky Hunt

Posted to rec.audio.pro
apa apa is offline

On Mar 29, 11:05 am, "Ricky Hunt" wrote:
What is the general "best" Peterson for all around tuning (especially
guitars)? I'm a paraplegic so foot capabilities are not a big plusses for
me. Hardware only.

--
Thanks,
Ricky Hunt

Are you looking for an actual strobe tuner (with the spinning disk) of
one of the Peterson Virtual Strobes?
The virtual ones don't show the harmonics the way a real strobe does
but they sure are convenient.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ricky Hunt Ricky Hunt is offline

"apa" wrote in message
oups.com...

Are you looking for an actual strobe tuner (with the spinning disk) of
one of the Peterson Virtual Strobes?
The virtual ones don't show the harmonics the way a real strobe does
but they sure are convenient.

Probably the virtual but which would you recommend of both kinds (though I'm
sure the price difference is substantial).

Posted to rec.audio.pro
dhs dhs is offline

On Mar 30, 12:17 am, "Ricky Hunt" wrote:
"apa" wrote in message

oups.com...

Are you looking for an actual strobe tuner (with the spinning disk) of
one of the Peterson Virtual Strobes?
The virtual ones don't show the harmonics the way a real strobe does
but they sure are convenient.

Probably the virtual but which would you recommend of both kinds (though I'm
sure the price difference is substantial).

I have used the Peterson software strobotuner, a Korg analog-needle
tuner, and more recently an Intellitouch PT-1 tuner. The latter is
designed for stringed instruments, and I am not sure how it would deal
with other situations, but I can say that its ease and speed of use
and the precision of tuning I achieve (plus/minus 1 cent) make it a
first choice, and it requires no hands on once the on button is
pushed. One great feature for me is that it picks up the vibrations
of the headstock, rather than using a microphone, allowing tuning even
in very noisy settings.

Good luck!

David

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Ricky Hunt wrote:
"apa" wrote in message
roups.com...

Are you looking for an actual strobe tuner (with the spinning disk) of
one of the Peterson Virtual Strobes?
The virtual ones don't show the harmonics the way a real strobe does
but they sure are convenient.

Probably the virtual but which would you recommend of both kinds (though I'm
sure the price difference is substantial).

The virtual one is basically pointless, and misses the ability to see
overtones that makes the original Conn Strobotuner so wonderful.

Get the regular one.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Haolemon Haolemon is offline

On Mar 30, 6:58 am, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
Ricky Hunt wrote:
"apa" wrote in message
roups.com...

Are you looking for an actual strobe tuner (with the spinning disk) of
one of the Peterson Virtual Strobes?
The virtual ones don't show the harmonics the way a real strobe does
but they sure are convenient.

Probably the virtual but which would you recommend of both kinds (though I'm
sure the price difference is substantial).

The virtual one is basically pointless, and misses the ability to see
overtones that makes the original Conn Strobotuner so wonderful.

Get the regular one.

I had an older model (420?) for over twenty years, and loved it. Then
I sold it and "upgraded" to a 490ST. I didn't really like that at
all. While it was accurate, it was noisy and I didn't like the red
color of the strobe. So I sold it, and bought the second model of the
virtual strobe, to use when traveling. Scott is correct that it is
not nearly as good as the older real strobes, but it is silent and
works well enough for my purposes. I may end up buying an older
strobe, and then I will end up where I started, minus a few bucks

Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

dhs wrote:

] "Ricky Hunt" wrote:
"apa" wrote
[...]

Onboard Research, the folks who make the Intelltiouch O-1 and P-2
tuners, also make the Center-Pitch, which works on the same principle
but has a clamp that fits easily on a wide range of instruments,
including brass, woodwinds, strings, etc. It also works fine on guitars,
banjos, mandolins, and so forth.

--
ha
Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Fletch Fletch is offline

On Mar 30, 6:58 am, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
Ricky Hunt wrote:
"apa" wrote in message
roups.com...

Are you looking for an actual strobe tuner (with the spinning disk) of
one of the Peterson Virtual Strobes?
The virtual ones don't show the harmonics the way a real strobe does
but they sure are convenient.

Probably the virtual but which would you recommend of both kinds (though I'm
sure the price difference is substantial).

The virtual one is basically pointless, and misses the ability to see
overtones that makes the original Conn Strobotuner so wonderful.

Get the regular one.

I love my ST-11. I do setups on guitars and basses and this is
essential tool for proper intonation.

--Fletch

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ricky Hunt Ricky Hunt is offline

"Fletch" wrote in message
oups.com...

I love my ST-11. I do setups on guitars and basses and this is
essential tool for proper intonation.

The answer may be buy a used Conn for home/setup use and something like the
Intellitouch for playing out.

the Peterson "digital" strpbe tuner [email protected] Pro Audio 8 May 16th 05 04:25 AM
peterson / klaus dale High End Audio 0 March 11th 05 01:22 AM
Oscar Peterson VERY TALL Japanese Import NICE! Rare Old Things Pro Audio 0 September 21st 04 07:18 AM
Oscar Peterson VERY TALL Japanese Import NICE! Rare Old Things Pro Audio 0 September 21st 04 07:18 AM
FA: VEMIA Auctions - Spatial Sound SP-1 / Peterson 590 Tuner, Synths, More Mark Glinsky Pro Audio 0 November 15th 03 05:45 AM