suresh

Default how to handle changes in the equalizer

Hi all,
I wrote my own equalizer as a cascade of bunch of IIR functions.
Whenever I try to change from one setting to another, I hear a click in
the output. I have been trying to find out ways to mitigate this
transitional effects. Any suggestion is gratefully welcomed.
Thanks
Suresh.

Scott Dorsey

suresh wrote:
I wrote my own equalizer as a cascade of bunch of IIR functions.
Whenever I try to change from one setting to another, I hear a click in
the output. I have been trying to find out ways to mitigate this
transitional effects. Any suggestion is gratefully welcomed.

Is this because the DC level is changing? Check and see.
Arny Krueger

"suresh" wrote in message
oups.com
Hi all,
I wrote my own equalizer as a cascade of bunch of IIR
functions. Whenever I try to change from one setting to
another, I hear a click in the output.

I'm surprised that you find this surprising.

Bob Cain

suresh wrote:
Hi all,
I wrote my own equalizer as a cascade of bunch of IIR functions.
Whenever I try to change from one setting to another, I hear a click in
the output. I have been trying to find out ways to mitigate this
transitional effects. Any suggestion is gratefully welcomed.

This has been discussed rather frequently on comp.dsp so I
suggest you either do some searching of archives or pop a
question there being ready for the "Can't you Google"
bull**** that seems to have become de rigour there.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein