Bacon McBacon

Default Firewire Interface Question

I'm looking for a good firewire interface for a home recording studio. In
the past all my recording has been done the old fashioned, analog way but now
I'm ready to take the jump. Most of my projects involve one or two input
lines, but occasionally I record an entire band. I figure I can mike a band
and run through the analog mixer into limited interface inputs if I had to.
Anyway, I've got a Mac with Garageband (I haven't even started to mess with
it yet but I've been told you can do quite a bit with it.) I'm trying to
decide between the Presonus Firebox Firewire, M-Audio Firewire 410 and the
Edirol FA-66 or possibly FA-101. I know diddly squat about this stuff so any
input will be greatly appreciated and I am totally open to other suggestions
as well.

Thanks in advance!

Banjo Bacon

Dieter Michel

Hi Bacon,

[...] I'm trying to decide between the Presonus Firebox Firewire,
M-Audio Firewire 410 and the Edirol FA-66 or possibly FA-101.
[...] and I am totally open to other suggestions as well.

you should definitely also take a look at the RME Fireface 800.

Best regards,

Dieter Michel
dale

check out metric halo http://mhlabs.com/metric_halo/