Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mxsmanic Mxsmanic is offline

Default From NASA - tin whiskers - why all your gear will fail

Frank Stearns writes:

Actually, at concerts and in the control room I'll often close my eyes for extended
periods.

With many famous concert artists today, closing your eyes may convert the
"music" to noise.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mxsmanic Mxsmanic is offline

Richard Webb writes:

YOu know, it's funny
though, in another recent thread there's been quite a
discussion of placing a sound in 3 dimensional space etc.
Right now we're trying to work with various electric car
manufacturers to make sure that the noisemakers they adopt
for their ultra quiet cars actually give pedestrians,
bicyclists and others the same aural cues they would have
received from internal combustion and diesel engines.

I hope their noisemakers produce something other than engine sounds. Maybe
chimes or something pleasant.

Where I live, buses have a pleasing little bell that they ring to advertise
their proximity, which greatly diminishes the need for a loud and irritating
horn.