Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Default a blast from the past, for your entertainment

Arny Krüger View profileGruvmyster wrote in message
... Arny wrote: Interestingly
enough, few flames if any, from the other 5 NG's I frequent... RAO
is THAT unique. This tacitly shows that this proposal has some merit.
It has some merit, but does it have enough merit to be acted on? Time
will tell. Alt.comp.cdr, or whatever the other groups you frequent
have like-minded individuals posting to them. Here, you seem to long
for it. More options Jun 2 1998, 3:00 am

Newsgroups: news.groups, rec.audio.opinion, rec.audio.tech
From: "Arny Krüger"
Date: 1998/06/02
Subject: RFD: reorganize rec.audio.opinion

Arny wrote:

Interestingly enough, few flames if any, from the other 5 NG's I

frequent...
RAO is THAT unique.

This tacitly shows that this proposal has some merit.

It has some merit, but does it have enough merit to be acted on? Time
will
tell.

Alt.comp.cdr, or whatever the other groups you frequent have
like-minded individuals posting to them. Here, you seem to long for
it.

Hardly like-minded. I guess you have never been in the middle of a
good
Plexstor versus Ricoh versus Yamaha discussion. Or, there is always
the
classic IDE versus SCSI. As much potential for fire as tubes versus
transistors. But you & Middius are not there. It stays cool.

What I long for is more talk about Audio and less talk about
hypocrisy. What
I long for even more is the absence of "nifty things" like the nudie
gifs
that you and Roy Briggs seem to love and adore. I've got nothing
against
nude pictures as art and entertainment, but what alleged nude pictures
of my
wife douching herself with a couple of magnums has to do with audio
kinda
escapes me. Admit it, the subjectivists on RAO have a good record for
doing
reprehensible, off-topic things, tending towards insults and mild
slander,
but with a track record (e.g., Derrida, Middius and Briggs) of going
over
the top again and again.

While you would like to wash your hands, the fact is that you've done
like
1000's of personal attack posts on like maybe half or more of *every*
post
I've made in the past 6 months, technical or not. This is a tremendous
piece
of moral and ethical burden that is going to get to you sooner or
later,
unless you are totally pathological.

My hands aren't clean its true, but you cast the first stone, cast
heavier
stones, and did so over and over again while I was turning cheeks; and
you
continued to do so for months at a time, and even when I was off the
NG for
like 2 weeks at a time.

In other posts, you cry out against "loosing" the divergent opinions
(and the flames that invariably follow). You should consider trying to
be more consistent.

I just want to talk about audio. You want to talk about what you
allege to
be my insanity, hypocrisy, and rotten ethics. Somehow, I think there
is a
difference. I think most reasonable people would agree with me.