Posted to rec.audio.car
Greg[_11_] Greg[_11_] is offline

Default A couple questions about my new Scosche GM09SR module

So my old (1 year) GM2000 module from Scosche burned up last month,
They were nice enough to replace it with their new and improved GM09SR
module for free.

Installed it this morning and have noticed a couple things. The LED in
the unit blinks even when the car's turned off, and if you hold the
unit to your ear, there is a slight hissing noise.

I'm pretty sure everything's wired correctly and that my connections
are tight. I made sure to do a good job soldering and heat shrinking
the Scosche unit's wiring harness to the one for my stereo.

Anyway, just wanted to check in here with you smart people before I go
bolting everything back in only to find there's a problem!
Scosche Scosche is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg[_11_] View Post
So my old (1 year) GM2000 module from Scosche burned up last month,
They were nice enough to replace it with their new and improved GM09SR
module for free.

Installed it this morning and have noticed a couple things. The LED in
the unit blinks even when the car's turned off, and if you hold the
unit to your ear, there is a slight hissing noise.

I'm pretty sure everything's wired correctly and that my connections
are tight. I made sure to do a good job soldering and heat shrinking
the Scosche unit's wiring harness to the one for my stereo.

Anyway, just wanted to check in here with you smart people before I go
bolting everything back in only to find there's a problem!
The LED in the GM09SR is blinking when it is reading messages on your vehicle's Bus network (like a computer network). This happens for a while even when you car is turned off. The module will continue to operate for a up to 10 minutes and then go into a "sleep" mode where you should not see the LED blinking or hear the hiss. This is normal operation for the device. Thanks for posting

Scosche Tech Support
Agent13 Agent13 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scosche View Post
The LED in the GM09SR is blinking when it is reading messages on your vehicle's Bus network (like a computer network). This happens for a while even when you car is turned off. The module will continue to operate for a up to 10 minutes and then go into a "sleep" mode where you should not see the LED blinking or hear the hiss. This is normal operation for the device. Thanks for posting

Scosche Tech Support
I just removed a Scosche GM09SR from my 04 Chev Avalanche. Problems started within two months of installation. Module initially locked up & would not supply power to radio. Removed power to reboot module & all was well until now. Second and last issue was today, module chattering as if in relay race. Called Scosche Tech support on initial problem and they reported no issues with the new module. Best Buy also said they had no issues to date. As of today, Best Buy does not even carry Scosche anymore and they told me that there had been many issues with this module. So now I have a Scosche GM09SR that neither Best Buy or Scosche will honour any warranty or repair on. Even though the module is 1 year old, I do not drive my vehicle during winter months and have only put about 2000 klms on it over the year, so not much use. Very poor life span & durability of this unit.