Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default Adobe Audition 1.5 Question

I have a single audio file open in Adobe Audition 1.5 that consists of many
radio station jingles that are 7 to 10 seconds each. There are approximately 3
seconds of silence between them. How can I overlap the start of a second jingle
over the end of a first jingle without chopping the reverb tail, like a hard
edit will do?

One solution is to place the cursor at the beginning of the second jingle,
highlight the file to the end, cut the highlighted part, back the cursor up to
the desired start position at the end of the first jingle, and Paste New. It's
very time consuming. Is there a better way?
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 14:35:13 -0400, mcp6453 wrote:

I have a single audio file open in Adobe Audition 1.5 that consists of many
radio station jingles that are 7 to 10 seconds each. There are approximately 3
seconds of silence between them. How can I overlap the start of a second jingle
over the end of a first jingle without chopping the reverb tail, like a hard
edit will do?

One solution is to place the cursor at the beginning of the second jingle,
highlight the file to the end, cut the highlighted part, back the cursor up to
the desired start position at the end of the first jingle, and Paste New. It's
very time consuming. Is there a better way?

Switch to the multitrack view, then start selecting regions and
copying them to other tracks. You can slide them around to get the
timing you want, and use the cursor to draw a level envelope so they
fade in and out properly.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Steve King Steve King is offline

"mcp6453" wrote in message
I have a single audio file open in Adobe Audition 1.5 that consists of many
radio station jingles that are 7 to 10 seconds each. There are
approximately 3
seconds of silence between them. How can I overlap the start of a second
jingle
over the end of a first jingle without chopping the reverb tail, like a
hard
edit will do?

One solution is to place the cursor at the beginning of the second jingle,
highlight the file to the end, cut the highlighted part, back the cursor
up to
the desired start position at the end of the first jingle, and Paste New.
It's
very time consuming. Is there a better way?

EditDelete Silence. In the information block set the signal level that you
wish to represent as silence, i.e., "Signal is below"... -38 db. Set the
detect duration, i.e., 150 ms. There are other settings as well. Click
OK.

Steve King

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Neil Gould Neil Gould is offline

Don Pearce wrote:
[...]

It's faster if the jingles are currently (or available as) separate files;
you can load them to individual tracks in multi-track view, eliminating the
need to copy and paste the regions of a single file.

--
Neil

Posted to rec.audio.pro
MG[_4_] MG[_4_] is offline

"Steve King" wrote in message
"mcp6453" wrote in message
[...]

\

Or load the whole thing to 2 tracks. Then cut out alternating jingles and
tighten up the space between, crossfading from track to track. Cutting but
no pasting.