Posted to rec.audio.pro
adam adam is offline

Default SPDIF input on mBox 2 question

would i just need to buy an a/d converter to use the spdif input on my mBox
2? Right now i run the anlog mixer L/R main outs into the two analog mBox 2
inputs. i want to use all 4 simultaniously. any suggestions? it sucks that
all these new lower priced 8trk control surfaces are comming out and only
two work with ProTools LE (the ProjectMix I/O and DIGI003). Any suggestions?
I'm on a tight budget.
Thanks,
-Adam

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Mar 29, 8:26 pm, "Adam" wrote:
would i just need to buy an a/d converter to use the spdif input on my mBox
2? Right now i run the anlog mixer L/R main outs into the two analog mBox 2
inputs. i want to use all 4 simultaniously.

We just went thorough this last week. You can check earlier messages
in this newsgroup for the details. I'm pretty sure the MBox 2 Super
Duper Version can use four inputs simultaneously.

it sucks that
all these new lower priced 8trk control surfaces are comming out and only
two work with ProTools LE (the ProjectMix I/O and DIGI003). Any suggestions?

Write your congressman. Or use a different DAW program. Digidesign
keeps their cash flowing by tying the software to specific hardware.
It's their business plan. But it's not the only game in town.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
sabdillah sabdillah is offline

Adam,

I have just bought an Mbox 2 this week also. I have to say I am really
impressed with Pro Tools LE but I hear you about the I/O issue. I am
lucky however as I own an EMU 1616 which can act as a middle man
between my mixer my Mbox 2 and other required inputs. It gets around
the problem by routing into my Emu 1616 then out of its SPDIF into the
Mbox SPDIF. Its a totally digital path so its has little impact.

Luckily the Mbox will run alongside other audio interfaces allowing
you to build your i/o up in other ways but obviously you will need to
use the Mbox to interface with Pro tools. But you will need one that
comes with a virtual patch panel so you can route the signals, Emu and
Focusrite products comes with great patch panel software.

As for control surfaces try buying a second hand mackie universal,
they cost a lot new though, it works with Pro Tools no problem this
too gets round the "having to buy a digidesign" product problem too.

There are options for your setup beyond pure Digidesign products.
Hopes this helps

Shion.

mBox and SPDIF Adam Pro Audio 6 March 25th 07 04:10 PM
SPDIF Input on my Delta 1010 [email protected] Pro Audio 2 May 31st 06 05:45 AM
Mixer with SPDIF input(s) reddred Pro Audio 14 July 27th 05 05:51 PM
SPDIF Input/Output bracket for DFI motherboard (where to get one) AB Pro Audio 0 June 17th 05 09:23 AM
SPDIF input on Soundblaster Dave Tech 3 February 7th 05 09:48 PM