Posted to rec.audio.pro
Marcello Mastroiani Marcello Mastroiani is offline

Default This sucks!

This is the setup in my studio:

MIXERS:

AKAI 800 midi mixer
3x FOSTEX DCM100 + mixtab
BEHRINGER Eurorack 2642 x2
BEHRINGER DX1000 pro (DJ studio mixer, for "scratching")
DYNACORD MC 1640 (for playing live in the rehearsal room)

MICROPHONES:

BEHRINGER B-2 Pro + Shure popper stopper
BEHRINGER C-1 x2
AUDIO-TECHNICA AT 818 II
GRUNDIG 3060 stereo mic
SHURE Unisphere I 565SD (1974. "speaker" mic, for vocoding)
PHILIPS HiFi N8404 stereo electret microphone (for tape recording)
MB-UNITRA MDU 27

COMPUTERS:

P4 Willamette 1.7GHz; 1Gb SDRAM; 40 Gb IBM 7200 x2 RAID, 80 Gb MAXTOR x2;
2x15" monitors; LAN 100; VST system link; Evolution MK361C; MPU 401

Athlon XP 3200+ 3.2 GHz 64bit; 1Gb DDRAM; Seagate Barracuda 60+120Gb;
Hitachi 40Gb; 2x17" monitors; LAN 100; VST system link; Evolution MK249C;
2xMPU 401

EGOSYS WaMi rack 24 (24-bit/120dB-S/N ratio) 4 audio in, 8 out, 4 midi
in/out interface x2

24port network switch with 6 other DOS/windows computers

Apple/Macintosh PowerPC 8200 + 20" Apple monitor

MIDI INTERFACES/MIDI GEAR:

MOTU Miditimepiece AV x2
MOTU Miditimepiece II x2 (networked)
MOTU Miditimepiece (for the MAC)
DYNACORD MCC1 midi computer
KAHLER Human Midi Clock

SOFTWA

Fruityloops Studio Producer Edition v7 -licensed; Native Instruments Battery
+ 6 sample CD, Kontakt + 5 sample CD, IK Sampletank 2 + 8 sample CD...
Soundquest MIDI Quest, Translator, Extreme sample converter...

SAMPLERS:

AKAI S3000i + 302D digital interface + over 300 sample CD's
AKAI S950
E-MU E64 + CD's
ENSONIQ EPS16+ (rack) + factory samples
YAMAHA TX16W + factory floppy disks
YAMAHA A4000 + ZIP100 drive

SYNTHESIZING SAMPLERS:

CASIO FZ10M (rack)
ENSONIQ MIRAGE DSK-8 (S. No-002271)

SCSI:

2x SYNTEC SQ-44 twin (2x hard disk Seagate Barracuda 2.1Gb, 2x CD rom)

SYNTHESIZER KEYBOARDS:

CASIO CZ-3000
KAWAI K-1
KORG 01/W + Ethno ram card
KORG 01/Wfd
KORG DS-8
KORG DW8000
KORG EA-1 ELECTRIBE + sysex
KORG Poly 800 reverse (black and white) keys + filter mod
KORG Poly 800 + Slayer mod
KORG Poly 61
NOVATION SUPERNOVA II
QUASIMIDI RAVEN
ROLAND D-70
ROLAND JUNO (alpha)
ROLAND JUNO-6
ROLAND JX-305
ROLAND JX3-P
SIEL OPERA 6
YAMAHA DX7 IID + 3 CD sysex
YAMAHA DJX
YAMAHA SY22 + 3 CD sysex
YAMAHA SK20

GROOVEBOXES:

KORG EM-1 ELECTRIBE + sysex
YAMAHA DJX IIB

SOUND MODULES:

CLAVIA NordRack III
EMU Orbit 9090 V2 dance planet
EMU Proteus 2XR
ROLAND MT32 x2
ROLAND D-110
YAMAHA MU5

DRUM COMPUTERS:

BOSS DR55
KORG DDD-1
OBERHEIM DX
ROLAND R8
YAMAHA RX5
YAMAHA RX7
YAMAHA RX8
YAMAHA RX11
YAMAHA RX21
YAMAHA RY8

ELECTRONIC DRUMS:

ALESIS D4
CLAVIA Ddrum electronic bassdrum x2
KORG DRM-1
ROLAND PD-31x3, PD-5 x7, PD-7, PD-9, rack DIXON
ROLAND FD-8
ROLAND SPD-11

ACOUSTIC DRUMS + PERCUSSION:

PEARL Vintage Custom set: 12"x11", 13"x12", 14"x13", 15"x14", 16"x15" TT,
18"X16" FT, 2x22" BD, 14"x 6.5" SD; Pearl hardware;
Cymbals - 2x14" Zildjian HH; 12" Zildjian SC, Zildjian 16" CC, 18" Zildjian
C/RC, 20" Zildjian RC; 18" Zildjian CH;

DIXON cowbells 4", 6"; DIXON Bongos; DJEMBE (traditional - Senegal); other
percussion

PEARL Vintage Custom set: 8"x8", 10"x10", 12"x10" TT, 14"x14", 16"x16" FT,
2x20" BD, 14"x5" SD
Cymbals - 13" Zildjian HH, 12" Zildjian SC, Zildjian 16" CC, 18" Zildjian
C/RC, 20" Zildjian RC; 18" Zildjian CH;

LUDWIG Vintage set: 12"x8", 13"x9" TT, 16" FT, 18" BD, 14"x5" SD
Cymbals paper thin - 14" Spitz HH, 16" Spitz CC, 18" Spitz C/RC, 20" Paiste
RC

GUITARS:

BAVARIA Classic (nylon strings)
CHARVEL-JACKSON serie 5
EPIPHONE Les Paul Junior yellow
FENDER Stratocaster american standard
IBANEZ Electro-acoustic
YAMAHA Pacifica 2x Humbucker + Extra Seymour Duncan single coil (.9);
YAMAHA Acoustic (metal strings) + Dimarzio pick-up
YAMAHA RBX 300 bass

EFFECTS:

AKAI PEQ6
ALESIS Midiverb II
ALESIS Microverb II
ALESIS Mod FX:
Ampliton
Faze
Metavox vocoder
Philtre
Phlngr
Smashup
Bitrman
ALESIS CLX-440
ALESIS PEQ-450
APHEX Aural Exciter type C
ART Multiverb Alpha 2.0 Studio Edition
BEHRINGER Supressor (Deesser/feedback processor)
BEHRINGER Ultrafex EX 3200
BEHRINGER Composer Pro MDX 2200
BEHRINGER Edison ED-1 stereo imager
BEHRINGER SNR-208 8-channel denoiser
DR modules 6x param equalizer, 2x noise gate
IBANEZ DM1000 delay
KORG SDD1000 delay
LEXICON MPX-100
NOIZ Compressor
ROLAND SRV2000
STUDIOMASTER IDP-1 compressor

PREAMPS:

BEHRINGER Tube Ultragain 2200 mic preamp
BEHRINGER Ultravoice digital 24/96
GALLIEN & KRUEGER 2000cpl guitar preamp/chorus/reverb/noise red/compressor +
footcontroler
IBANEZ UE400 analog guitar preamp/multieffect (TS808)
MARSHALL 9004 guitar preamp
TRACE-ELLIOT GP7R SM bass preamp
ZOOM 9030 preamp/multieffect
ZOOM 9150 tube preamp/multieffect

ANALOG VINTAGE STUDIO EFFECTS:

MIREX EC500 analog echo
ROLAND RE-201 Space Echo
YAMAHA E1010 analog delay

EFFECT PEDALS:

BESPECO Volume Pedal
BOSS DM2 MIJ vintage
BOSS BF2 MIJ vintage '70.
BOSS CE2 MIJ vintage
BOSS CS2 MIJ vintage
BOSS GE7 MIJ
BOSS OC2 MIJ
BOSS NS2 MIJ
BOSS PW-1 Rocker wah
BOSS SYB-3 synthesizer bass
DOD FX65 stereo chorus
DOD FX70 stereo flanger
ELECTRO HARMONIX Small stone
IBANEZ SB7 synthesizer bass
IBANEZ BP-10 bass compressor
KORG 301dl echo
MXR Dynacomp
PEARL CP-01 vintage chorus
PRO CO Turbo Rat distorsion
WAILER wah

CUSTOM MADE Pedalboard case + daisy chain

AMPLIFIER BOXES:

12" Altec Lansing (+ center horn) x2 box Marshall style
12" Monacor (+ center horn) x2 box

AMPS:

CUSTOM MADE bass amp, 100W
FENDER Blues Deluxe, reissue '95, yellow version
ROLAND JC50 Jazz Chorus
ROLAND 100W guitar amp

METERS:

SensitiVU's Analog VU-meter
DOD Spectrum Analyzer

ANALOG RECORDING:

FOSTEX Model 80 8-channel tape recorder
FISHER studio standard tape recorder
PHILIPS 4407
SANKYO STD - 1510 stereo cassette deck

STUDIO OPERATION CONTROL:

ROLAND SP 808ex
ROLAND MC 500MkII sequenzer

MONITORS:

DUKE-lab (custom design) 140W + Technics SUV A-650
M-audio BX5 active studio monitors
TANNOY Reveal + SONY TA-F110 Source Direct
TECHNICS SB-M500-M2 (ebony, self-supported, used for mastering) 160W +
Technics SUV A-700 MK3 amplifier

BUT! I don't have a place for all of that, and, I have a problem with
electricity...

Posted to rec.audio.pro
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Marcello Mastroiani wrote:
This is the setup in my studio:

snip

BUT! I don't have a place for all of that, and, I have a problem with
electricity...

So...you're bragging or complaining? I'd think the former, since you
went into such detail (despite the header).

In any case, your solution is pretty clear. Either move or build. Sell
about 3/4 of the gear to finance....

jak

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

What sucks is that you have all that gear and still find time to post
to this newsgroup.

Get to work!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tracy Wintermute Tracy Wintermute is offline

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 01:04:59 +0200, "Marcello Mastroiani"
wrote:

I have a problem with
electricity...

Is it a moral dilemma, or maybe an ethical issue?
Perhaps you are allergic?
You don't know whether to send it to bed without dinner, or give it a
'time out', or just let it know how disappointed you are?
Or could it be an addiction deal; you know "one watt is too many, 100
watts is not enough"?

====================
Tracy Wintermute

Rushcreek Ranch
====================
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Marcello Mastroiani Marcello Mastroiani is offline

No. The problem is:
I bought a power stabilizer, and it doesn't help. It even increases ground
hum! I checked every cable and still can't get rid of it. I can't move,
can't build, and can't even sell, I got most of this stuff for REALLY cheap,
I live in Croatia, and things tend to decrease in value pretty fast, that's
why I have all this in the first place. But I don't have any real money...

wrote:

I have a problem with
electricity...

Is it a moral dilemma, or maybe an ethical issue?
Perhaps you are allergic?
You don't know whether to send it to bed without dinner, or give it a
'time out', or just let it know how disappointed you are?
Or could it be an addiction deal; you know "one watt is too many, 100
watts is not enough"?

====================
Tracy Wintermute

Rushcreek Ranch
====================

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Marcello Mastroiani wrote:
No. The problem is:
I bought a power stabilizer, and it doesn't help. It even increases ground
hum! I checked every cable and still can't get rid of it. I can't move,
can't build, and can't even sell, I got most of this stuff for REALLY cheap,
I live in Croatia, and things tend to decrease in value pretty fast, that's
why I have all this in the first place. But I don't have any real money...

Do you have a careful grounding scheme that is actually designed rather
than tossed together?

If your system is full of ground loops, putting a filter on the power line
does nobody any good whatsoever.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
chestek chestek is offline

Marcello Mastroiani wrote:
This is the setup in my studio:

There are people who can help you with your problem.

Just post your address, and the times you won't be there.....They'll
find you.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Marcello Mastroiani Marcello Mastroiani is offline

Pula, Croatia, I don't think so. I'm not sure you could even find it
on the map?

Otherwise, me and my best friend were buying these things since 2000., other
than my acoustic drums and computers we already had, because we wanted to
have that, not because we had a clear vision about buying the stuff for
making a studio which would bring in money. We were obsessed with Daft Punk,
back then, and we just wanted the gear.
Now, the gear is in my friends badroom, after every plan we had to get it in
place - failed.
A week ago I found out that another friend has a garage he is not using, and
he let us build the studio there. Now we started checking the gear, since
most of it was not used for years, we are checking if the batteries are
dead, if something needs repairing. We soon found out that some of the gear
has problems with ground, and that most of it has noise problems. So we
bought that Behringer 208 denoiser. But I know it's a lot of gear, and
electricity is always a problem, so we also bought a "current stabiliser"
from a guy, and well, it doesn't help.

The hum is even worse with it.
I'm desperate...
Will I ever have a studio?! I've been dreaming about that for 20 years,
since I was 9!

"chestek" wrote in message
Marcello Mastroiani wrote:
This is the setup in my studio:

There are people who can help you with your problem.

Just post your address, and the times you won't be there.....They'll find
you.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Morgan \(MAMS\) David Morgan \(MAMS\) is offline

Nice keyboards.... keep those, sell the rest and find a studio to arrange for. ;-)

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s DOT com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Marcello Mastroiani Marcello Mastroiani is offline

I would never sell the drums, some of the effects, the soundcards (not sure,
but sure enough), the amps, the samplers and the synths. That's about it,
right? I was buying those things as a student, with no money, sometimes I
had to be hungry for a day or two to buy a synth. That's why I'm actually
EXTREMELY attached to the gear, and I get a heart attack when something
doesn't work.

That's why I bought this voltage (current) stabiliser that doesn't help at
all. I don't really know what to do....

"David Morgan (MAMS)" /Odm wrote in message
Nice keyboards.... keep those, sell the rest and find a studio to arrange
for. ;-)

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s DOT com
Morgan Audio Media Service
Dallas, Texas (214) 662-9901
_______________________________________
http://www.artisan-recordingstudio.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Marcello Mastroiani" wrote in message ...
I would never sell the drums, some of the effects, the soundcards (not sure,
but sure enough), the amps, the samplers and the synths. That's about it,
right?

You could pick a *few* more things to keep... but I was joking anyway.

I was buying those things as a student, with no money, sometimes I
had to be hungry for a day or two to buy a synth.

Hmm.... a day or two, eh? Jeepers.... I hope you're ok.

That's why I'm actually
EXTREMELY attached to the gear, and I get a heart attack when something
doesn't work.

You have a fixation for plenty of 'backup' devices?

That's why I bought this voltage (current) stabiliser that doesn't help at
all. I don't really know what to do....

Like Scott said.... it's a glorified power strip.

"David Morgan (MAMS)" /Odm wrote in message

Nice keyboards.... keep those, sell the rest and find a studio to arrange
for. ;-)

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s DOT com
Morgan Audio Media Service
Dallas, Texas (214) 662-9901
_______________________________________
http://www.artisan-recordingstudio.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Marcello Mastroiani Marcello Mastroiani is offline

No, I tried the stabiliser with some devices, particularly, just one
connected at a time, not all of them together...
I dare not to think what hum problems I would have if I did....

You have a fixation for plenty of 'backup' devices?

No, not for backup, the thing is rather different: I was always dreaming of
a studio in which every drum machine, sampler, guitar, drum or synth would
be connected to the preamp and FX device that sounds best with it, then
connected to a mixer, and then to a DAW. Everything "plug-and-play", but
hardware. Software just doesn't do it from me, I can't get inspired with
software. I used to make music in Impulse tracker back in the 90's, and that
poor little proggy would always get his way, I wasn't making the music - HE
was. Today, when I hear a song in my head, I sit in front of a keyboard,
and what comes out of the speakers in an hour or two is EXACTLY what I heard
in my head. That's very important if you have good ideas. if you don't, find
a tracker or a similar mathematical proggy and every simple mistake you make
is gonna be a new song, one you never even imagined existed!

[...]

Help me, this sucks... [email protected] Pro Audio 14 September 16th 05 09:59 AM
Koss Sucks! Eric Adamson Audio Opinions 1 September 14th 05 10:03 PM
sirius sucks tubeguy Audio Opinions 6 August 11th 05 01:44 AM
Stereo installer says a/d/s sucks.. Parev Car Audio 25 January 13th 04 04:10 AM