Default firewire preamp quality

Hello,

can anybody recommend a firewire recording interface with quality
preamps and quality A/D converter? For my application all is needed are
two XLR mic inputs with fantom power and the firewire connection to the
laptop, and all that matters is the recording quality. Budget is
limited to 1000 $.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Hesham

dale

metric halo ULN 2

Harry Lavo

Mackie is about to launch the Onyx 400F, which has four good quality
preamps. Apparently Echo is doing the digital interface. It has been
delayed twice...hope this time is the charm.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

can anybody recommend a firewire recording interface with quality
preamps and quality A/D converter? For my application all is needed are
two XLR mic inputs with fantom power and the firewire connection to the
laptop, and all that matters is the recording quality. Budget is
limited to 1000 $.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Hesham

DaveDaveDave

The Yamaha i88x fit's the bill and is an awesome steal at $400
nowadays, down from the $900 it used to go for. I haven't really
tested a lot of preamps, but I like them better than the Mack 1604-vlz
pres, better than the Event Eazy Bus pres I've tried. Not as nice
sounding as the old UA pre's I recorded on the other month.

The bad press you might read about is mostly due to driver problems
that been completely alleviated since march, and the nice part about
it is you can chain units together - 4 i88x's give you 8 high good
quality pres and 24 line ins, or 32 channels of ADAT for $1600.
Unbeatable for the price, IMHO.

Hope this helps,
Dave