eric57

Default Orban/Parasound 516E : why are there 3 channels?

hello world.

I collected a vintage Orban/Parasound 516E de-esser.
I see there are 3 channels.

I think only two channels are needed to stereo music.
So i do not understand what is the goal of the third one.

Please, is somebody able to tell me what is this
third channel made for?

I thank you a lot for your help.

Best regards.

eric from Paris.

There's probably an explanation in the manual, which you can get for
free from Orban's site:
ftp://ftp.orban.com/516E/516EC_Manual.pdf

Scott Dorsey

eric57 wrote:

I collected a vintage Orban/Parasound 516E de-esser.
I see there are 3 channels.

I think only two channels are needed to stereo music.
So i do not understand what is the goal of the third one.

It's not for stereo. It's for individual vocal tracks. The box is set
up so you can simultaneously process three vocal microphones.

Please, is somebody able to tell me what is this
third channel made for?

For a third microphone. Many of these got installed in broadcast
facilities where there would be one announcer microphone and two
interview microphones.
eric57

Very well, i thank you a lot
for your explanations.