Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Barry B Barry B is offline

Default Blast from Past w/ Migrating Plugin question

Hi, all... Scott, Les, and Peter I recognize from well over 20 years ago when I used to frequent this on usenet... back when did CD compilations, Hank Aldrich, Lyle Caldwell... great days, and I learned a lot from all of you. Much appreciated.

I've been a constant musician, but have left and returned to the behind-the-mic scene a few times over the decades. I have a small session coming up on Monday. The following isn't a make-or-break by ANY means... but it's frustrating me and I'm hoping some w/ more computer expertise than I can help me.

Situation - on my first DAW, based on an ancient pentium machine running XP and Sek'd Samplitude 4.5, I had purchased a reverb plugin that I really liked, and was kind of respected back then in the serious amateur market, anyway.... Sonic Timeworks 4080L . That machine still works, but I'm using a much better machine and interface now, based on Win 7 and Samp 11.5 and I'd like to migrate that plugin from the old machine to the new one, but can't figure out how. Sonic Timeworks is gone. I have my registration # written down, but can't find any saved installation file, nor do the readme files I have give any information about installation or re-installation.

The files I have for the plugin in are in a directory labeled "Reverb 4080L", containing three text files (README, LICENSE, and INSTALL), an uninst.isu file, and a bin subfolder. The bin folder contains trvb.ax and trvb.hlp, and another subfolder containing a bunch of presets I had created years ago.. That's all I can find. I believe the .ax file is the plugin itself.

I've tried moving that entire file structure to the new machine and pointing Samplitude to that folder... nope. Tried moving the .ax file to the windows system32 directory and using "regsvr32 trvb.ax" to register it, but that didn't work either... returns a "couldn't find the file" type of message.

Searched the worldwideinterwebs for an installation file, but no reputable sources and I don't do irreputable sources.

Does anyone know if there's a way to move this plugin? Would be very grateful for any help or suggestions.

Thanks, and glad to see some familiar names. Best to all!

Barry