Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chris K-Man Chris K-Man is offline

Default Broadcasting Q? Announcing The Time On The Radio

I've noticed it for about ten years, maybe mo

The announcer/other on-air personality more often than not tells the wrong time! Typically the wrong hour. Happpens when either Standard or Daylight Saving is in effect.

"Mostly clear skies, twenty five degrees at 12 minutes past 5(it's 6:12 as I'm typing this).

What KIND OF CLOCK do most AM/FM radio stations have on their wall, if any nowadays?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Chris K-Man wrote:
I've noticed it for about ten years, maybe mo

The announcer/other on-air personality more often than not tells the wrong time! Typically the wrong hour. Happpens when either Standard or Daylight Saving is in effect.

This is the consequence of your local station rebroadcasting some program
from off the satellite, from some station in a different time zone.

Some of the radio networks are better than others about this sort of thing.
Family Radio is just horrible about it.

"Mostly clear skies, twenty five degrees at 12 minutes past 5(it's 6:12 as I'm typing this).

Likely the weather isn't for where you are either.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 7:57:17 PM UTC-5, Scott Dorsey wrote:
Chris wrote:
I've noticed it for about ten years, maybe mo

The announcer/other on-air personality more often than not tells the wrong time! Typically the wrong hour. Happpens when either Standard or Daylight Saving is in effect.

This is the consequence of your local station rebroadcasting some program
from off the satellite, from some station in a different time zone.

Some of the radio networks are better than others about this sort of thing.
Family Radio is just horrible about it.

"Mostly clear skies, twenty five degrees at 12 minutes past 5(it's 6:12 as I'm typing this).

Likely the weather isn't for where you are either.

Again: The station broadcasts off the Empire State Building, which I can see from the shore of my town in CT . it's the local news report at five minutes past the top of every hour.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ron C[_2_] Ron C[_2_] is offline

Chris wrote:
I've noticed it for about ten years, maybe mo

The announcer/other on-air personality more often than not tells the wrong time! Typically the wrong hour. Happpens when either Standard or Daylight Saving is in effect.

This is the consequence of your local station rebroadcasting some program
from off the satellite, from some station in a different time zone.

Some of the radio networks are better than others about this sort of thing.
Family Radio is just horrible about it.

"Mostly clear skies, twenty five degrees at 12 minutes past 5(it's 6:12 as I'm typing this).

Likely the weather isn't for where you are either.

Again: The station broadcasts off the Empire State Building, which I can see from the shore of my town in CT . it's the local news report at five minutes past the top of every hour.

Many times I've written this off as "old guys with bad eyes"
Some times they catch it and do an 'oops' ...
~~
A station I listen to does re-broadcasts of the previous day
over night. Some times the times don't quite line up.

IMHO not a big thing.
--
==
Later...

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Chris K-Man wrote:
Again: The station broadcasts off the Empire State Building, which I can see from the shore of my town in CT . it's the local news report at five minutes past the top of every hour.

Yes, but the announcer is likely in San Antonio in the same building with
all the rest of the iHeartMedia announcers rather than being in a little
closet on he 85th floor of the Empire State.

Unless he's in Maryland with the Sinclair announcers or in Oakland, CA with
the Family Radio announcers.

Local radio does still exist in some places but it's much more common to
get stuff off the bird with local announcements inserted off mp3 files.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 26/02/2021 15:34, Scott Dorsey wrote:

Local radio does still exist in some places but it's much more common to
get stuff off the bird with local announcements inserted off mp3 files.

That is if the announcer on a music show didn't record the show at home
last Thursday using a clock that they hoped was set to show the times
when the show would actually be broadcast. The news and localised
adverts are just slotted into the gaps or faded up at the correct time
over the music.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Friday, February 26, 2021 at 4:04:29 PM UTC-5, John Williamson wrote:
On 26/02/2021 15:34, Scott Dorsey wrote:

Local radio does still exist in some places but it's much more common to
get stuff off the bird with local announcements inserted off mp3 files.

That is if the announcer on a music show didn't record the show at home
last Thursday using a clock that they hoped was set to show the times
when the show would actually be broadcast. The news and localised
adverts are just slotted into the gaps or faded up at the correct time
over the music.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

It JUST HAPPENED AGAIN:

On WBAI FM 99.5 IN NEW YORK CITY, the announcer of "A New Day" mis-announced the time as "7:27" when it was actually 7:47am. She did apologize and correct herself. This is a LOCAL, PRIVATELY FUNDED radio station with studio and transmitter both within the boundaries of NY City in the EASTERN TIME ZONE.

So I'll ask once mo WHAT KIND OF CLOCK do these radio stations have on their wall, if any?