Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

Default How Do You Guys Feel About Changing Our Name to "rec.audio.video.car"?

I have already put the question to Ian. I'm not sure about the logistics,
but I think it's time we do it.

What do you guys think?

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
Brandonb

Um.. Why? There's not that many topics about it, and it falls within the
12v mobile audio/electronics discussion. I think there's more that
WOULDN'T fit into the r.a.v.c newgroup. An additional group, maybe. But
I don't think it should be changed.

Brandonb

MOSFET wrote:
I have already put the question to Ian. I'm not sure about the logistics,
but I think it's time we do it.

What do you guys think?

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
winkenstein

Branden Nelsen wrote:
I think that it should be done in secret, so that Bob doesn't know

-Branden

I Agree, maybe it will help to deter (sp?) him.
and also,
i as one,
am into both aspects of this hobby now.

Posted to rec.audio.car

"MOSFET" wrote:

I have already put the question to Ian. I'm not sure about the logistics,
but I think it's time we do it.

What do you guys think?

MOSFET

I'm sure for it

I hate web based forums and much prefer Usenet based

Posted to rec.audio.car
Vivek

Sometimes both are the same. Some web based forums are just the user
interface to the usenet. example google groups.

With web-based you can check the reply to your post from places other than
your PC. Think what hotmail did to SMTP

wrote in message
| "MOSFET" wrote:
|
| I have already put the question to Ian. I'm not sure about the
logistics,
| but I think it's time we do it.
|
| What do you guys think?
|
| MOSFET
|

| I'm sure for it
|
| I hate web based forums and much prefer Usenet based

Posted to rec.audio.car
GregS

In article , "Vivek" wrote:
Sometimes both are the same. Some web based forums are just the user
interface to the usenet. example google groups.

With web-based you can check the reply to your post from places other than
your PC. Think what hotmail did to SMTP

wrote in message
.. .
| "MOSFET" wrote:
|
| I have already put the question to Ian. I'm not sure about the
logistics,
| but I think it's time we do it.
|
| What do you guys think?
|
| MOSFET
|

| I'm sure for it
|
| I hate web based forums and much prefer Usenet based

I don't really like forums. How about rec.multimedia.car or vehicle
I don't really know if it would accomplish anything. rec.audio.car
used to have about 20 times more postings.

greg
Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

I LIKE rec.multimedia.car a BUNCH! That's a killer idea. That would be my
vote.

MOSFET

"GregS" wrote in message
In article , "Vivek"
wrote:
Sometimes both are the same. Some web based forums are just the user
interface to the usenet. example google groups.

With web-based you can check the reply to your post from places other than
your PC. Think what hotmail did to SMTP

wrote in message
. ..
| "MOSFET" wrote:
|
| I have already put the question to Ian. I'm not sure about the
logistics,
| but I think it's time we do it.
|
| What do you guys think?
|
| MOSFET
|

| I'm sure for it
|
| I hate web based forums and much prefer Usenet based

I don't really like forums. How about rec.multimedia.car or vehicle
I don't really know if it would accomplish anything. rec.audio.car
used to have about 20 times more postings.

greg

Posted to rec.audio.car
Phonedude

So go make it happen. It's not a task I'd ask for though.

PD

"MOSFET" wrote in message
I LIKE rec.multimedia.car a BUNCH! That's a killer idea. That would be my
vote.

MOSFET

"GregS" wrote in message

wrote in message
| "MOSFET" wrote:
|
| I have already put the question to Ian. I'm not sure about the
logistics,
| but I think it's time we do it.
|
| What do you guys think?
|
| MOSFET
|

| I'm sure for it
|
| I hate web based forums and much prefer Usenet based

I don't really like forums. How about rec.multimedia.car or vehicle
I don't really know if it would accomplish anything. rec.audio.car
used to have about 20 times more postings.

greg

Posted to rec.audio.car
Chad Wahls

"GregS" wrote in message
In article , "Vivek"
wrote:
Sometimes both are the same. Some web based forums are just the user
interface to the usenet. example google groups.

With web-based you can check the reply to your post from places other than
your PC. Think what hotmail did to SMTP

wrote in message
. ..
| "MOSFET" wrote:
|
| I have already put the question to Ian. I'm not sure about the
logistics,
| but I think it's time we do it.
|
| What do you guys think?
|
| MOSFET
|

| I'm sure for it
|
| I hate web based forums and much prefer Usenet based

I don't really like forums. How about rec.multimedia.car or vehicle
I don't really know if it would accomplish anything. rec.audio.car
used to have about 20 times more postings.

greg

Not only that but some of us are still using real news-feeds and tend to
limit what is on. In other words some folks will not get the group anymore.
I think there is a higher percentage of folks wiht questions about car audio
than car video. Many with video are simply using the stock systems that
came with the SUV or Minivan. Before you flame me think percentages of Vid
players in vehicles and how many are aftermarket........

Chad

Posted to rec.audio.car
Tony F

I like rec.audio.car. I say leave it that way. I think "video" is too
specific. No one will have video without audio, will they? But audio is
always the common denominator.

Just my .02.

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Clarion DRZ9255 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and Xenon X1200.1

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC
Speakers & Image Dynamics ID8 D4 v.3 Sub

2006 Mustang GT Coupe
Alpine IVA-D310 DVD Head Unit, Alpine MRA-550 Digital 5.1 Amp, Boston
Acoustics Z-Series Speakers, Alpine SBS-05DC Center Channel Speaker,
Amplified MTX Thunderform Sub

Posted to rec.audio.car
James

Leave it as it is. Video has NOTHING to do with audio. It is just a
fad..............

Posted to rec.audio.car
Pat M

A fad that started about 14 years ago and has been growing ever since. I
don't see it being just a fad. Why do you think the automobile
manufacturers have so much video in their cars now?

As for the name change I am with Tony. You don't have video without audio
so leave it as is.
--
Pat M
. ..